Best way to program/edit AZBox Premium Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I just got my AZBox Premium Plus yesterday. I have been impressed with it so far. I had been using the Manhattan, which I will now use for Ku only. The AZBox is a bit slower at changing channels and blind scanning, but it seems to "lock" on to channels that have a marginal signal level better. Anyway, I notice that it is kind of cumbersome to try and edit channels and add transponders. Is the best way to do this on a computer and send it to the AZBox over the network? Can I load channel/satellite maps to it and just have it go and tune what has been loaded, or does it need to scan the satellite first? Also, I don't suppose that the utilities that you use on the computer are compatable with Mac OSX? I am a Mac only user at home, so if they want work with Mac OSX, I will have to go and pick up a copy of Windows. All suggestions and help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I thought this was a sticky:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-d...north-americanize-your-azbox.html#post2355150

I use ACC to pull/ send to the Azbox. I use Maz3 to edit. Maz can pull/send but has been known to corrupt channel list and diseqc settings. ACC also does a complete job rewriting the sat list whereas Maz will allow settings from an internal backup to overwrite your new list.

I'm on a MAC too! Parallels or some equivalent will be needed. virtualbox.org is open source, but I haven't tried it. If you have an Intel Mac you could set up a dual boot partition with windoz.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Since I have an Intel Mac, I will get a copy if windoze and do a dual boot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts