Best Way to Switch to WA

hojni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
After doing some research in the forums, I realized that I am missing some HD channels because I am on a mixed ARC config (61.5, 110 & 119) - BBCA specifically. The reason I was put on 61.5 when I added HD was that the LOS to 129 from my current dish location is blocked by a tree. However, I believe that I have LOS to 110, 119 & 129 in a different spot on the house. I am located in Chicago.

So my questions are:

1.) What dish do I need 1000.2 or 1000.4 to catch all three WA satellites?

2.) Will Dish do the reconfig for free (I read that they will in certain circumstances)? I do have the equipment coverage.

3.) What's the best way to request the service from Dish? Directly? Through someone like Dishstore.net?

Thanks,
Jim

After doing some research in the forums, I realized that I am missing some HD channels because I am on a mixed ARC config (61.5, 110 & 119) - BBCA specifically. The reason I was put on 61.5 when I added HD was that the LOS to 129 from my current dish location is blocked by a tree. However, I believe that I have LOS to 110, 119 & 129 in a different spot on the house. I am located in Chicago.

So my questions are:

2.) Will Dish do the reconfig for free (I read that they will in certain circumstances)? I do have the equipment coverage.

3.) What's the best way to request the service from Dish? Directly? Through someone like Dishstore.net?

Thanks,
Jim
You're a DISH subscriber so why not call DISH and ask.

The Dish Response team team will be here on the fourm later this afternoon around 4PM CT. That will be the best the way to request the service. Dish said they're going back to 1000.2 for WA but you can also use 1000.4 for WA as well (Just make sure you have the right LNB) Dish should not charge you for this install. If for you still can't get LOS for 129, Dish should switch you to EA then since your HD locals are on both arcs.

Funny thing happened to me. I have a mixed arc setup. 110,119,129 and then a dish 500 pointed at 77 degrees for HD locals. I called and asked about switching to EA and was told since we also have non-hd tv as well as hd tv's in the house, I couldn't switch. Make any sense?

no that doesnt make sense

What receiver (s) are on the account? If you have only VIP receivers you can move to EA (if your signature is right and only have the 722 you can switch to EA)

no that doesnt make sense

What receiver (s) are on the account? If you have only VIP receivers you can move to EA (if your signature is right and only have the 722 you can switch to EA)
I need to add my sd receiver to my signature. I have the 722k and the.....either 301 or 311. Not quite sure. But it is a sd receiver

Thats why

The 301/311 is a MPEG2 only receiver and wont work on 61.5/72/77 (except for the public interest channels on 61.5). 72/77/most of 61.5 is MPEG4

110/119/some of 129 (again the PI channels) are MPEG2

So my questions are:

Thanks,
Jim
Hi Jim, because you are on a mied arc and need to be migrated to keep your HD programming, currently Dish Network is doing the install at no charge in most cases. If you Pm me your account info we can verify and get this scheduled for you! Just let myself or anyone from DIRT! We are always happy to help!!

BBCA does come in on the 72 satellite for Eastern Arc. So for the HD BBCA you need either 129 or 72, but most HD channels are on 61.5 which is most likely why they installed that originally if you had/have nlos to 129. Hopefully they can get you switched over somehow to get you going, I'd hate for you to miss Doctor Who :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)