BET HD is on now.. channel 124

The channel just showed up. What a waste. It is another POS stretch-o-vision channel. That means more short fat oval people. Surprised though because all the other Viacom channels non HD programs are not stretched.

I did catch a actual HD show Sunday evening.

ps: I did have to do a chat with a tech to get it turned on.

i dont have it at 124 and i am not seeing it in red either. i will go thru the 9000's again to make sure.

Only shows up mapdowned once you are properly shown as authorized. Which you shouldn't have to do but apparenly more than 50% of us have to do.

One would think that with the request that customer service is recieving about having to re-authorize the recievers in order to get this channel, they would know there is a problem an fix it. I just had a 20 minute conversation with them in order to be able to get it.

I did catch a actual HD show Sunday evening.

Interesting. There were a few of us assuming DISH was just stretching the SD feed, since none of the other Viacom channels use stretch-o-vision.

Technically, MTV Networks and BET Networks are separate divisions of Viacom. Apparently, the people at MTV have more respect for their customers than BET does.

Since this channel was not high on my list I just got around to chatting with tech support and now have it too.

I am now working on my 4 year old issue with no guide data for my OTA locals with my DN locals that I also pay for.

BET HD shows up as channel 9510 in my guide. It's shaded red. I'm not complaining. HD Absolute customer.
Tech support confirmed Absolute shouldn't be getting BET, just like Turbo Gold.

In fact, he told me the equivalent programming is TurboGold + Platinum. I checked and they seem to lineup as far as HD channels are concerned.

Tech support confirmed Absolute shouldn't be getting BET, just like Turbo Gold.

In fact, he told me the equivalent programming is TurboGold + Platinum. I checked and they seem to lineup as far as HD channels are concerned.

Not sure about absolute or the other HD only programming packages, but the press release says

"BET HD is now available to customers who subscribe to Classic Silver 200 HD and above."
DISH Network - Investor Relations - 1.888.825.2557
The other released the same day
"CMT HD, COMEDY CENTRAL HD, MTV HD, Nickelodeon HD, Spike TV HD and VH1 HD are now available to DISH Network customers who subscribe to Classic Bronze 100 HD and above."

Currently the website doesn't show BET hd in any of the HD only packages. BETJ HD is shown in the platinum package. The other 6 are shown in Turbo Bronze and above. I would expect BET HD to eventually show in Turbo HD silver, but we will see.

Not sure about absolute or the other HD only programming packages, but the press release says

"BET HD is now available to customers who subscribe to Classic Silver 200 HD and above."
DISH Network - Investor Relations - 1.888.825.2557
The other released the same day
"CMT HD, COMEDY CENTRAL HD, MTV HD, Nickelodeon HD, Spike TV HD and VH1 HD are now available to DISH Network customers who subscribe to Classic Bronze 100 HD and above."

Currently the website doesn't show BET hd in any of the HD only packages. BETJ HD is shown in the platinum package. The other 6 are shown in Turbo Bronze and above. I would expect BET HD to eventually show in Turbo HD silver, but we will see.
Turbo is different than classic, so they don't equate - even TurboBronze to Classic+BronzeHD don't equate.

The other 6 are not all in HD only packages (as of now). Only CMT, Comedy and Spike are. I think there are some sporadic HD only subscribers that get more than these 3, but I don't know why.

Just did a quick 3 minute on line chat with Dish tech and BET HD was turned on in a couple of minutes. Not sure why I did it though...no HD that I can find on that channel, but that red block was bugin me since I should be getting everything. Oh well at least I did not have to make a phone call and this person was nice and said they would take their time untill it was fixed.......now what was I watching?:D

Thanks every one who posted what to do, so I could get BET in HD. Chatted with a Tech CSR. It took about 15 minutes total and now I am watching HD version of BET. I gave the guy some info from my receiver, then he had me to tune to channel 101, and he sent another re-authorization signal. It took about 3 to 5 minutes and there was the HD BET I had been missing. Cool ;)

Sunday Best is in HD tonight. It's a really good show if you like music competitions. The HD looks great too - very clear and vibrant (the audio is really really low, however, until they go to commercial).

Well what is it, over a week now and 2 of my 3 HD receivers still have it in Red. I am stubborn. I'll wait until they turn it on on those. They should have a macro doing this, but .......... :)

Just call and run through their automated troubleshooting system. The computer will send your receiver a signal and you'll have it. You don't even need to talk to anyone. :)
They Launched the channel. It is their responsibility to turn it on. I may just see "red" when it comes time to pay the bill. :)