Beta Testers Wanted - Sling Media Wants YOU!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm gonna guess that it has to be a Sling enabled receiver. The testing is, undoubtedly, involved with your Dish receive, not a stand alone box....

Yes I just did.

And was asked to unstick this thread since they got enough applications...

Whats happening now is they have selected the testers, but now the testers need to be signed off on by Echostar, so everything has been set to Echostar for their approval. They are just waiting for this stuff to be signed off by Echostar and then things will begin. :)

Pretty sure it has to be a Dish receiver with Sling or at least a Sling Adapter with the applicable receiver.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I barely received this message at 6:18 pm Mountain time that says;

Thank you for your interest in the Dish Anywhere beta program. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to run this program right now. We apologize for taking so long and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.
-The Beta Team

Oh well, hopefully its not the same for everyone.

Yes unfortunately it appears to be for all. :(

They haven't said anything to me about this. Last thing I got from them was that they had enough responses to unstick the thread.

Imagine my surprise. <droll>

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Beta testing was deemed unnecessary as most of their updates are bug-free to begin with.

(It was tough typing that out while laughing...)

Reactions: TheKrell
was asked to unstick this thread since they got enough applications... :)

Hi Scott. I'm new to this forum. One of the customer DISH service reps (on Facebook) sent me here.

What I'd like to know is, are there ever a call for folks to beta testers of the programs or updates before their pushed / sent? Or anything like that??

Do I keep an eye on this forum for things like that?

Hi Scott. I'm new to this forum. One of the customer DISH service reps (on Facebook) sent me here.

What I'd like to know is, are there ever a call for folks to beta testers of the programs or updates before their pushed / sent? Or anything like that??

Do I keep an eye on this forum for things like that?

You want to beta test anything then you need to just keep an eye on this site. Dish doesn't do a lot of it but when they do they occasionally use Scott to find people like us to do it. I have been a beta tester before and know several other members on here have done it.

You might as well just pull up a seat here and get settled in. You can learn a lot of satellite info here. Welcome to the forum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)