Beta Testers Wanted - Sling Media Wants YOU!

You want to beta test anything then you need to just keep an eye on this site. Dish doesn't do a lot of it but when they do they occasionally use Scott to find people like us to do it. I have been a beta tester before and know several other members on here have done it.

You might as well just pull up a seat here and get settled in. You can learn a lot of satellite info here. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you much for the welcome & I will keep an eye out... any particular thread I should watch for... or just wait for a new thread from usually Scott?

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone! :D

There would be a new thread started, or radio show announcement, and it might only last a few hours before the quota is met.

More likely, a few people might be hand picked and quietly contacted.

Thank you much for the welcome & I will keep an eye out... any particular thread I should watch for... or just wait for a new thread from usually Scott?

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone! :D

There are two types of people they may use from this site, regular members and Pub members. If there is a chance to get in a beta program you will see Scott post a thread on the main board if they are just looking for general members. Sometimes they want it to be a little more private and want more specific members and Scott will only post a thread in the Pub members area. They don't happen all that often so you might as well just relax and enjoy all the other discussions while you wait.

There are two types of people they may use from this site, regular members and Pub members. If there is a chance to get in a beta program you will see Scott post a thread on the main board if they are just looking for general members. Sometimes they want it to be a little more private and want more specific members and Scott will only post a thread in the Pub members area. They don't happen all that often so you might as well just relax and enjoy all the other discussions while you wait.

Oh, I will be... you might regret you said that. LOL... Just kidding... I'll try not to get to chatty.

I enjoy learning new tricks about our satellite and teaching, when possible. We recently upgraded to the Hopper, so, it's a new learning curve. Enjoying it so far.

Thanks again :)

Reactions: TheKrell
Oh, I will be... you might regret you said that. LOL... Just kidding... I'll try not to get to chatty.

I enjoy learning new tricks about our satellite and teaching, when possible. We recently upgraded to the Hopper, so, it's a new learning curve. Enjoying it so far.

Welcome to the party. It's nice to have new people to discuss satellite and all the other problems of the world with.

BE chatty!

I remember beta testing the dish player 7100 years ago
I remember beta testing the 7100/7200 as well, but I wasn't a tester. :rolleyes:

Boy,I must of replaced that damn box about 4 or 5 times in a short span of time ,before I gave up on it and went with a 301 receiver instead. But I did get a 501 pvr when it came out and once my commitment was through I owned the box.:)

I was a retailer so it was on my showroom account. I got a message on the box one day asking me to beta test so i did. Only 5 hours of record time on that receiver. I was very happy to get the 501 when it came out but missed the interface. The 721 was close to that same interface

I loved the interface of both the 721 and the webtv/dishplayer 7100/7200 models as well,but then the Microsoft and DISH had the big fall out and the dishplayer became a big dud. I had like 3 of the 721 pvrs but they used to often lose their minds and wiping the hard drive became very common on them. My boy when he was little would scream that there were no shows and I would look and sure enough I had to wipe the hard drive to be able to use the receiver again.

I just saw this and want to clarify this statement. For all the times DISH has asked me to select beta testers, I picked them based on their knowledge of the product, helpfulness to other members and how often that member is here. I have never selected a DISH beta tester based on if they were a Pub Member or not.

Also one other thing I should note is when I seek beta testers, I do not post who was picked as for many of the betas our members are involved with require a NDA with DISH.

Reactions: ladyharleyOH
I just saw this and want to clarify this statement. For all the times DISH has asked me to select beta testers, I picked them based on their knowledge of the product, helpfulness to other members and how often that member is here. I have never selected a DISH beta tester based on if they were a Pub Member or not.

Also one other thing I should note is when I seek beta testers, I do not post who was picked as for many of the betas our members are involved with require a NDA with DISH.

Thanks for the clarification Scott. I knew there was a little more to it than what I just posted but tried to give him an idea.

I just saw this and want to clarify this statement. For all the times DISH has asked me to select beta testers, I picked them based on their knowledge of the product, helpfulness to other members and how often that member is here. I have never selected a DISH beta tester based on if they were a Pub Member or not........

Well, that one part of "how often"... guess I better get to chatting it up around here. LOL

....... I just posted but tried to give him an idea.

Psst... if you're referring to me in that part... I'm a "her"... you might had forgotten my user name by then. LOL ;)

Well, that one part of "how often"... guess I better get to chatting it up around here. LOL

Psst... if you're referring to me in that part... I'm a "her"... you might had forgotten my user name by then. LOL ;)

Sorry, it's a habit. I don't always look at the names. I usually remember users more by their picture than anything else.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)