Beta Video On Demand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Beta Video On Demand

• HR2* Networked no Internet

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • HR2* Networked & Internet

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • HR2* Networked with Media Sharing

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • HR2* Networked with Internet and Media Sharing

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • HR2* Not Networked or connected to Internet

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Other please explain

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes download times vary from internet service provider, and ignore the not connected message, your download will resume. Obviously the faster the connection you have the quicker it will download. As you know many factors impact download performance.

I think you missed the point of my post. I understand that you pay for 4X faster downloads than I do. And with everything BUT VOD you are getting 4X faster downloads than I do. However your 45 minutes to download a 2 hour program is 37.33X faster than my 28 hours to download a 2 hour program (7 hours for a 30 min X4). I can download software, music, video, and pictures at expected speeds, but not D*'s VOD... Those downloads are MUCH slower than they should be. And I have cable and the tech said I have one of the best signals he has seen in a while, and the system is designed to handle like 15mbps per subscriber, so my measly 1.5 mbps is not getting bogged down anywhere on my end.

Also I can't ignore the error message unless I want to have 1/5 of my screen blocked by it. I must clear it to watch TV. It pops up every 30 to 45 seconds so this gets annoying.

I think you missed the point of my post. I understand that you pay for 4X faster downloads than I do. And with everything BUT VOD you are getting 4X faster downloads than I do. However your 45 minutes to download a 2 hour program is 37.33X faster than my 28 hours to download a 2 hour program (7 hours for a 30 min X4). I can download software, music, video, and pictures at expected speeds, but not D*'s VOD... Those downloads are MUCH slower than they should be. And I have cable and the tech said I have one of the best signals he has seen in a while, and the system is designed to handle like 15mbps per subscriber, so my measly 1.5 mbps is not getting bogged down anywhere on my end.

Also I can't ignore the error message unless I want to have 1/5 of my screen blocked by it. I must clear it to watch TV. It pops up every 30 to 45 seconds so this gets annoying.

I haven't noticed the error message lately, it had with earlier CE firmware, but the latest improves the internet issue. When I do a speed test on the Comcast suggested site : Speakeasy - Speed Test
It shows 21,000 kbps for New York to Massachusetts on the test. That's over 10 Megabytes per second. Also Comcast speeds up the download for a percentage of the download above the minimum.

I hope you can resolve the issue. The good thing is you can get the program at least .

My connection is fine. I can download files on my laptop with good speed. My Connection consistantly tests at 1.5 mbps (which is the speed I pay for)... So it should take me 4 times longer to download than you on any given day. So 7 hours for a 30 min program seems wrong. I also get non stop error messages saying I am not connected, but when I test it scomes out fine. So something is up, just wish I knew what.

I hate to turn this into a troubleshooting forum, but I have to mention that I am in the same boat. Using At&t DSL (Bellsouth). I get the connection error messages constantly, I just say "fix later" and it resumes just fine. What port(s) does VOD service use is it 60? If so that should be the problem just wondering if that can be an issue? My Media share options work great no problems with streaming pics and audio either, good speeds. My DSL speeds test right at about 3M.

I hate to turn this into a troubleshooting forum, but I have to mention that I am in the same boat. Using At&t DSL (Bellsouth). I get the connection error messages constantly, I just say "fix later" and it resumes just fine. What port(s) does VOD service use is it 60? If so that should be the problem just wondering if that can be an issue? My Media share options work great no problems with streaming pics and audio either, good speeds. My DSL speeds test right at about 3M.

I noticed it stopped when using the latest CE or firmware update. It could be network issues like hiccups.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts