Better Cables?

Tokebuddude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I'm thinking about shelling out the big bucks for the Monster DV-I cable.. I have noticed a signal problem(vertical lines that are just barely visible) has anyone else upgraded their cables? My second problem is channel flickering..I just got installed yesterday and didn't turn the box off last night and didn't get the upgrades as I should have. I was told that the flickering will go away after I receive the upgrades. Is this so?

As you look through threads about cables, I think you will find that the general consensus on Monster cables is that they are good, but overpriced. There are some good online places to get upgraded cables that are a lot less expensive. You can go to Best Buy and purchase Monster stuff to try it out, then find a less expensive solution online, purchase there, and take the Monster cables back as long as you do it within 30 days.

To get the update, I'd unplug and re-plug, and make sure that you have enough patience to let the STB accept the download before you start trying to zip around with your remote.

On My LCD PJ I Sometimes Get Light Vertical Lines Or Striping. My DLP PJ Dosen't. On D*
There Is Less Vertical Lines. I Have Tried Different Cables & It Does Make A Small Difference. On Wed. On Buy.com I Bought Two 16' THX Standard Component Cables For $29.99 Each. I Will Get Them On Monday & See If That Improves Things.

I get vertical lines when I am running SD material as pillarboxed in the 1080i frame. It goes away when I switch to the program guide, and comes back when I go to SD programming. VOOM and OTA HD is no problem.

I don't think it is the cable, I think it is the rcvr.

Try moving your video cable away from you power cable, speaker cables, and buy a better surge protector. It is probably just emi/rf interference from something else in your house. Monster is way overpriced/overhyped!

I just checked the vertical lines with pillarboxed SD @ 720p. It shows up on DVI and component. It is definitely the software, nothing to do with the cable. Unless you are getting sparklies, I wouldn't spend the money on the DVI cable.

Sometimes I get one little white dot on my screen. I just thought of it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for the advice

Thank u all for the advice.. I appreciate all the responses..this is a feally good forum.. quick to respond.. thanks again..I'm now told that the flickering is a DV-I compatibility problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)