BEV CC Payments

Icicle

Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Anyone figure out how to make BEV CC payments online? How are people making their payments from the US? Any way I can call their automated phone system from the states?

I finally got everything hooked up and to my surprise the bell.ca site only takes CDN debit card or checking accounts. Under the CC payment section it simply says "Please call 1-888-skydish to make a payment".

Thanks!

I think you HAVE to go through a broker to provide them a Canadian address. They, in turn, can have the billing run directly through your credit card. Don't contact BellCan yourself directly!

I have a CDN address and I don't use a broker.

Trying to make payments on my US CC and I can't call the 800 number from the states.

I was under the impression that I could make payments online using my CC, but it appears that this isn't possible with BEV? Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks!

you can use a credit/debit card regardless of where it is issued.
For ExpressVU you can dial directly at *67 wait for dial tone then 1-416-383-6688. This will block your number so they won't see you are in the USA. If questioned about your location just say whatever city on the address you are using. Or the zero is broken on your keypad and you have it set to block your number anyway. Another excuse is to say you are at your job (in canada) and cant dial out to toll free and have no idea why the number is blocked.

If you haven't told them your account info you could pretend not to hear them say hello a few times and hangup.

Uplink said:
Or the zero is broken on your keypad and you have it set to block your number anyway.

I wouldn't say that; it sounds strange.

Besides, you don't need a 0 to dial 1-888-SKY-DISH. :)

Icicle said:
I have a CDN address and I don't use a broker.
Trying to make payments on my US CC and I can't call the 800 number from the states.
I was under the impression that I could make payments online using my CC, but it appears that this isn't possible with BEV? Anyone else in the same boat?
Thanks!
I have had BEV for 4 years from the states. (Have a Canadian address to use.) I have had no problem calling the 416 number for service. Even used it for the card update last year.
They just ask for your account number. If you don't have it they can locate it by phone number (if you gave them one) or even by card number. I had to call a few months ago when my credit card was "compromised" and I had to be issued a new c. card and number. The charge shows up every mo. on the card (U.S. card) w. no problem. It is charged in Cdn. dollars and the card shows the translation to US$.

...mike