BEV/Star Choice question

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I think a power surge may have messed up my DSR 315 today. I am so angry at Star Choices customer service. I do not go through a broker I have a canadian address to use. My question, is Bell as easy to call up and activate as star choice is? Or does Bell somehow verify that you are really in Canada, even though I am not.?

First, if you want to get HDTV with Bell you will need to be able to get enough signal from 82W in South Carolina. I am in Nashville and it works with a 76 cm dish but there is not a lot of signal to spare. I also know a 76 cm dish works in Western NC.

You are a bit further south so I am not sure you will have any success.

As for Bell, I use a broker and from what I understand it is not possible or even advisable to call them from the US. The 800 number does not work so you would have to get a direct number.

Starchoice you can call from the US...Bell you need to use their 416 number which I have no clue what it is (all I know is its a Toronto number)

You should be able to use whatever area code in Canada that you wish to tell them you live, or use a VOIP phone.

Usually as a new customer they want to do the install for you. Just call and see what they say.

You can start a new account with used receivers and a self installed dish. The used receiver has to be transferred to the new owners name and noted as such on the previous account and you are good to go.

Bell sounds really complicated. So I guess its Star Choice for now. But Star Choice must have 3 CSR's because its always 30-40 mins to here from them.

Star Choice has just changed their policy again. They say they have no contracts but if you try to cancel before 12 months of use, they charge you $200 early cancel fee. This was for a new system , but now that includes a used system! So even if it was used and you did a self install, they are going to charge you $200 to cancel as well as an extra 30 day notice! How can tghey possibly advertise that there is no contract??? I have 2 more months to go...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)