BEV US College Sports Package

brhumphreys

Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
Does anyone here get the BEV US College Sports package? I am moving from the US to Edmonton this summer and I am trying to figure out how much NCAA football and basketball is on up there (besides US network fare). The BEV web page has no details at all.

I am currently a DTV subscriber in the US and get the GamePlan and FullCourt packages. From what I have read, when DTV tightened their footprint last year DTV subscribers in the north lost the ability to pick up DTV.

TIA for any help.

The Expressvu NCAA package consists of 8 channels, I believe. 6 SD and 2 HD. 3 of the SD channels cover games on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU. THe other 3 SD channels are random games from Gameplan or Full Court. The 2 HD channels cover games on ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD. I think the package was $99 last year.

You will also find some NCAA sports (football and basketball) on THE SCORE (channel 410 on EVU). It also shows some of ESPN's pregame/gameday type of shows.

RAPTORS TV carries some ESPN family basketball as well in HD.

You would need a huge dish(es) to get DTV here in Edmonton.

What brings you to the "City of Champions"?

I used to sub, yes sub, to DTV up here way back until the size of dish became prohibitive. Let me know if there is anyway I can help you out.

Thanks for the info - it's very helpful. Sounds like I'll be able to get a fix for my US college sports jones up there. I am moving into a condo with southern exposure, but I doubt I can put up a 6' dish!

I'm moving to Edmonton to work at the U of A.

I believe that ExpressVu's $99 NCAA package starts August 31 each year and the price is not pro-rated if you sign-up mid-year.
I did not purchase it when I got BEV in December for that reason.
So best to start fresh August 31st, which covers you through to the following April, following March Madness!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)