Beware Of New Growth !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishMIKE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
Hillsdale,MI
Man it is amazing how much branches have grown out since last year . I did some pruning yesterday and my signal on IA5 went up almost 25+ percent on some transponders. I hope I got all of it . Wishfull thinking that one of my neighbors cut down at least one tree! Mike

VERY good advice there :)

Now if I can get that really tall tree chopped down I might be able to get Hispasat on my motorized :)

dishMIKE said:
Man it is amazing how much branches have grown out since last year . I did some pruning yesterday and my signal on IA5 went up almost 25+ percent on some transponders. I hope I got all of it . Wishfull thinking that one of my neighbors cut down at least one tree! Mike

That is why chainsaws were invented.

So do tornados and straight-line winds :)

Unfortunately, the storms last year knocked down a number of trees, and not the one that blocks everything east of 58.

Wait for the next wind storm and break some branchs in the middle of the night :D

DiscoLoveGrapes said:
So do tornados and straight-line winds :)

Unfortunately, the storms last year knocked down a number of trees, and not the one that blocks everything east of 58.

Not only the tall tree on the way will block signal, on weak satellite, a bit tree movement will let you get low signal quality and not able to get a lock. Ohh, this also results from a bad designed dish with such problem. The also over hang tree on top of your dish also play a major problem being on low or loss signal from time to time.

ken2400 said:
Wait for the next wind storm and break some branchs in the middle of the night :D

Now that's an idea!!! :D

My wife and I just bought our home a few months ago. I don't know any of the neighbors, so asking the guy behind me if I can cut a branch from his tree would probably not be a good way to approach new neighbors. lol

There was a tree partially blocking the dish at my parents' house a few years ago. A new house had just been built next door and noone was living there, so it was the perfect opportunity to set a ladder up against the tree (over the top of the fench) and start cutting branches. lol We weren't able to cut completely through a couple of branches and they're still hanging there to this day.

If only someone would take a bulldozer and knock out the retirement home behind my house....I might get Hispasat!

The linear LNB should work with most FTA satellites, but remember that DishPro frequencies are stacked, which will throw off your transponder frequencies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)