Beware of Sony HDTV's and DVI COnflicts Before Getting VOOM

Read it, and I was told something similar. Just tried the gas filled, monster cable and it currently is working, I have my fingers crossed.

1080iBeVuMin said:
I have a Sony XBR910 HDTV and have no problem with DVI on Voom.

The problem must be only certain models.
Ditto

stevej27 said:
Please take the time to read this website very carefully!!! this will answer all your questions about DVI and Component......let me know what you think.

www.1394ta.org/Press/2002Press/august/8.b.htm

I did read this website--very interesting. I imagine it depends on the type of HD tv you have. When I first got VOOM, I could tell the difference between the Component and DVI inputs--component a little less sharp.

For some reason, now I see less of a difference--but it is because the DVI (I did get it to come back when I reversed the order of turning on the box and set) is not as crisp as it was when I first got it.

I am trying to change the distances I sit from the set to see if that helps.

What is your opinion of the difference in SD quality between the DVI and the component?

I hooked up my Sony to the DVI cable that Voom included in the package. I haven't looked back. The DVI connection has worked flawlessly.

tdillon said:
I hooked up my Sony to the DVI cable that Voom included in the package. I haven't looked back. The DVI connection has worked flawlessly.
Purchased a $9 DVI-HDMI cable from monoprice.com for my KDF-50WE655 and it has worked flawlessly. Used the VOOM supplied DVI cable with the Samsung in the bedroom - it has worked just as well.

I have a Sony 60" Wega LCD HDTV (KDF-60WF655) and i also get the conflict message. I initially just bought a hdmi adapter for the dvi cable that came with the voom box but the conflict message kept coming up. So I went out and bought a straight hdmi to dvi cable and it still happens but not as often. I make sure I always turn on the tv first and then turn on the voom box.

I have never received the conflict error message on my panasonic plasma in my bedroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)