bh or fios....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

razorphreak900

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
tampa bay area
Hey guys whats up?

Today I just got a letter from fios about having service soon, and I could pre-order today if I wanted to for installation.

now I have been with bhn for a while, no issues so it would not be a big loss.

I have seen how fios work, by being in nj and ny, and I gotta tell ya, it runs great. so I am very interested in finally having the service in this area soon.

those with bhn, will you do the change, or ride it out and wait? jw

all I know, now with fios expanding even more, that means alot more competition once this area is all done for fios service.

what u guys got to say/heard?....

take care guys

lol true. I have been personally waiting for over 3 years.

is your area verizon? if so u should have it soon.

if you meant another company then dang. bhn might b your best bet atm. but then again with more competition, they do often upgrade with free stuff or for little.

I cant remember where I read about it, but I do not "think" that it will be verizon. I heard its supposed to be at&t.

This is nothing but hearsay until I see ads that tell me different. All I know is that AT&T has been upgrading all their boxes in my area from the small stuff to the really big boxes with an power meter on them. So it stands to reason that it may just very well be them in our area.

Hey guys whats up?

Today I just got a letter from fios about having service soon, and I could pre-order today if I wanted to for installation.

now I have been with bhn for a while, no issues so it would not be a big loss.

I have seen how fios work, by being in nj and ny, and I gotta tell ya, it runs great. so I am very interested in finally having the service in this area soon.

those with bhn, will you do the change, or ride it out and wait? jw

all I know, now with fios expanding even more, that means alot more competition once this area is all done for fios service.

what u guys got to say/heard?....

take care guys

In St. Petersburg, I have seen them digging all over town and been on the email notification list for over a year to be notified when they are available. After receiving the second snail mail mailer in as many weeks yesterday, I called today to find out if they have a serviceable date yet for my address. The answer? No date is given in the computer yet. I honestly think what they are doing is feeling out the various neighborhoods to see where people are the most interested and which neighborhoods to finalize first. Seriously, they are digging up all over northeast St. Pete these last few weeks. They can only finish so many areas first and it would be logical to prioritize by the biggest demand. So it is worth a call to get on their list so they will know you are interested. It may get you servicable sooner if enough people in your neck of town call.

Have you seen the Oct HD channel lineup for FIOS? It beats BHN hands down. When BHN catches up to that, I'll revisit their product (which I currently subscribe to, along with DirecTV). But as it stands, FIOS is the way to go.

bh or fios

You should try Fios. The contract, customer service hassles and lack of a constant steady bill make it all worth the while.

If you have to ask someone the question.. .should I try it? It makes it appear as though you have your doubts about your current provider.

You go ahead and try it.... Let the rest of us know how that goes.....:hungry:

You should try Fios. The contract, customer service hassles and lack of a constant steady bill make it all worth the while.

If you have to ask someone the question.. .should I try it? It makes it appear as though you have your doubts about your current provider.

You go ahead and try it.... Let the rest of us know how that goes.....:hungry:

Welcome to Satelliteguys. Glad you could make your third post a part of this thread.

Personally, I know people that have FIOS and haven't heard anything about billing errors from them. I've seen the articles in the newspapers and know first hand about billing problems and connectivity issues with Verizon DSL with my customers, but the people I know on FIOS are happy. I wouldn't personally consider it for TV right now if it weren't for the TONS of HD they have added this month and are adding later this month. Do you work for BHN cableguy01? I'd be bitter towards FIOS too with the way they are stealing customers.

The good news is there is room for both of you plus satellite. Competition is a wonderful thing (unless of course you are one of the companies involved). I was happy to see today that one of my competitors in the computer world has closed up shop. Good stuff... good stuff!

PLEASE tell me FIOS or something similar from AT&T is coming to Orlando (zip code 32839) ASAP. I am so SICK of brighthouse and the SH*T*Y software they recently downloaded to their DVR's. I'm switching to DirectTV SOON if they don't either fix the software soon or some other company doesn't bring a better cable alternative here soon.