BHN New software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, I tried it again last night, and I *think* all is well again.
In fact I was *gasp* able to record House last night on FOX and actually HAVE WORKING audio for once!

There may be hope yet!

Seems as I mentioned the updates are improving things.. Try to read a bit harder jcarra my dear friend.

I see what I said had no effect.

Steven, until a year ago, I worked in a company that built systems containing hardware and software (we developed) in many of the subsystems. I was Program Manager for many of these projects. You can have good software development environments and policies--or not. You can have good, thorough test programs--or not. You can deliver the product to your customer when it is ready--or not.

I also understand the pressures of schedules and cost overruns. They were how I was measured. I know that because of these factors, you sometimes make judgments about moving a product to the operational environment before you really should, but you feel you have no choice.

The difference between you and me is that I realized when I did this that I was going to take hits for the resulting pieces of unpleasantness that were sure to occur--and was willing to do so. And on some projects, I did have to acknowledge the state of affairs and take my lumps. Fortunately, on the vast majority, we were successful in delivering products that satisfied the customer. BUT WHEN WE MESSED UP, OUR FAULT OR NOT, WE DIDN'T MAKE EXCUSES. It goes a long way, reputation-wise, in the industry.

Its not an excuse its the fact. If BHN had the extra year to finish the software it surly would of been better. Thats not an excuse. They had to release bascially a beta software because of time restraints. Their is probably a dozen other factors but that being the biggest. BHN is surly taking their lumps, As I have been a big complainer about it. But I also understand why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts