BHN Tampa and CFL -- HSD and Phone Outage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Since about 2PM EST time BHN Tampa and BHN CFL customers have been experiencing HSD and Phone drop out, in most all areas.

Resolution soon.

i got home from lunch a little before 1:30 thursday and it was out in daytona beach. had to call the newsroom at channel 13 to find out what was going on. suggested they make an announcement or run a disclaimer on the screen. the guy said, wow, what a good idea.

any infrastructure can go down.
Of course it can. The comment clearly had to do with relative likelihood--"glimpse at how fragile our infrastructure is" shows that. You can talk about the Eifel Tower coming down and a house of cards coming down. Either one can happen, so your statement is true.

We are was to dependent on our infrastructure and technology. Just two weeks ago I was at a KFC wanting to try the new double down sandwich (which by the way is awesome) So anyway, The registers/computer system goes down and they have to close the store. I guess for some reason they can not fry chicken without a computer? They cant scoop mashed potatoes without a computer?

Is simple math really beyond comprehension?

Go figure. i guess doing orders on paper would be way to hard...

There is absolutely no way most clerks today could compute the bill and make change without the register computer. And how sad is that. American education just gets better and better. I mean, they do know the world is burning up, right? Don't get me started.

Yeah, the truth espoused on CNN and MSNBC completely blows FNC slant out of the water. That's why CNN and MSNBC are at the head of the ratings. Truth always wins out.

Of course it can. The comment clearly had to do with relative likelihood--"glimpse at how fragile our infrastructure is" shows that. You can talk about the Eifel Tower coming down and a house of cards coming down. Either one can happen, so your statement is true.

well the point of my comment was that I dont think its much more likely to go down then any other companies. We have outages, yes. So does verizon, comcast, time warner, gte etc.

Yeah, the truth espoused on CNN and MSNBC completely blows FNC slant out of the water. That's why CNN and MSNBC are at the head of the ratings. Truth always wins out.

Well MSNBC is as bad as fox, but the other direction.. And Ratings does not mean truth. I mean Reality shows get the best ratings on TV and they are total BS..

The comparison between a reality entertainment show and news/opinion shows escapes me. One doesn't expect to hear and see "truth" on an entertainment show--at least I certainly don't. You should expect to hear truth in the news portion of news/opinion stations, and preferably a fair representation, as well. You can present totally true stories and yet have totally slanted coverage by virtue of what stories you show, and the "flavor" with which they are presented. Yes, Fox has a more conservative presentation than the ten others who lean (topple completely over?) to the left. Incidentally, following the constitution does not make you a radical; it makes you a centrist--right where you are supposed to be. Why are paragraph double -enters being ignored?

My only reason for bringing up Reality show was to address you bringing up ratings. As if ratings had anything to do with quality or truth as you had implied.

FOX is entertaining. Thats why people watch it including myself. I however understand what is slant and BS and am able to sort through it to find the real meat of the story. Unfortunately far to many FOX viewers are not that smart and take everything as complete fact. Like a recent "acorn pimp" scandal. The truth was found out about that, and FOX certainly did not try to correct themselves to much.

and my double enters is working (that sounds dirty)

Would you post here something erroneous you heard that a FNC *NEWS* anchor has said. Or is it the opinions of the opinion hosts you don't like?

Would you post here something erroneous you heard that a FNC *NEWS* anchor has said. Or is it the opinions of the opinion hosts you don't like?

Well the bulk of their ratings of course are their opinion shows.. But alas

I mentioned one above. The whole ACORN "pimp" story. How they completely mislead everyone and were completely WRONG. And have yet to admit it (to my knowledge) From there news shows to their opinion show coverage of the video.

And why would it not also be ok to question the "opinion" show guys? When they give out crazy information. WMDS found in Iraq, (Ya but they were 500 or so barrels of useless crap found hidden near the border that was forgotten about by everyone even saddam. Stuff that was no more deadly then what is under my kitchen sink) but yet FOX news shows and its Opinion shows made it out to seem as though we found a Hiroshima size bomb.

There love fest of Palin is wow. Just wow.

You still have not said what was said that was untrue. Are you alleging the things said by the Acorn people were not said? What? Yes, it appears the video team transgressed in their techniques, but civil rights protestors in the 60's were violating laws too.

I'm still waiting for you to show what factual error was presented as truth. Haven't got it from you yet; all you say is 'the Acorn thing." I still believe you are so wrapped in your ideology, you cannot separate the right to opinion from facts. When you hear an opinion presented that you disagree with, your gut reaction is to allege it is "wrong"--and it is, in your mind.

But that is different from accusations of broad factual misrepresentation--which you have done. You are accusing them of lying. You should be able to substantiate it, as it is a serious charge. And it is different from "they have opinions I don't like."

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)