Bi-Directional Signal Using Diplexers (single coax, 1 receiver, multiple rooms)

kwstange

Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
The home I'm working on was built with a single coaxial cable going into each room from a centralized location in the garage. We want to share the same output signal from the receiver in one room with the other rooms in the home. It was brought to my attention that this is possible using a combination of splitters and multiple diplexers on either end of the single coaxial cable to do so. This could be done by having the satellite dish signal travel one direction and the UHF satellite receiver output signal traveling the opposite direction while sharing the same single coaxial cable. Can you please help me to understand the configuration of the splitters and multiple diplexers to accomplish this so that I don’t have to run additional coaxial cable in the attic?

One thing I would be concerned about is the DC voltage going back to the LNB.
I'm not sure what would happen to your other sets if you put DC on them.
There is a thing called a DC block!

If we look beyond the DC issue you can use a diplexer in each location, you need to separate the feed to the STB from your splitter, connect the dish feed to the high side and connect the other diplexer high side to the STB.
From the STB RF output channel 3 or 4 feed that to the low side of diplexer and connect the other diplexers low side to you splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)