Big 10 Hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wdmuir

Jul 27, 2007
Website announces launch on Channel 220 on 8/30, hope there is more to follow. Ahead of schedule?

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
no, the sd version was suppose to launch 8/30. the hd version will pop up soon but not for the first weekend. this is what bob mercer has already told us!

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
well, i tried sneaking in the back door with my contact at big ten network to see if directv had given them a date for launch of hd version. the reply was mid-september. it was worth a try to get it pinned down. :)

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
well, i tried sneaking in the back door with my contact at big ten network to see if directv had given them a date for launch of hd version. the reply was mid-september. it was worth a try to get it pinned down. :)

That would mean, when the new sat is lit up, thats good news, I was wondering if there was a date for HD yet.

Jimbo

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
truthfully, i'm sure directv is striving for a specific date which i've read is the 12 or the 16th. but its looking more and more like within the next 10 to 14 days, barring anything unforseen.

wish we had the hd saturday because that would have made watching michigan lose all that more sweeter! got the tivo fired up to catch this morning's rerun at 8am.

joedekock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 12, 2005
West Michigan
Ok, now we're Michigan bashing in 4 different threads. Keep rubbing it in, my day will come.

GO BLUE!

Hey... If Michigan fans and Alums weren't so arrogant about their football team it would be different. Take it like man, you deserve it. Especially after losing to App. State!

As an MSU fan, and season ticket holder, I will never forget the game in 2005 at Spartan Stadium. It was neck in neck in the first half, then Michigan started "beating themselves" in the third quarter. It took them the entire 4th quarter and all the way up to the last play to win the game, and the visiting fans had the balls to hold up a huge banner that said "Still Arrogant".

I never will feel any less animosity as the years go on with Michigan.

fxstsb

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 1, 2007
Ga
If I were to bet I would say that the HD rollout wil be on or before the first regular season NFL game.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
there are several here in the satguys threads. none of them have said any hd channels were turning on this sunday. more than likely it will be between sept. 12 and sept. 16 for the first group.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
If I were to bet I would say that the HD rollout wil be on or before the first regular season NFL game.

The NFL doesn't need any HD channels to be turned up, they have thier own HD set up....

I expect channels to start popping in between Sept 5th and the end of September.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)