Big 10 National Feed Ending

I think I might move north to Harrisburg... Does anyone know if they have their locals in HD yet?
Nope, but if you move to Chambersburg (or anywhere else in Franklin County) you get both the Harrisburg & Washington locals, with the Washington ones in HD, along with the Big 10 Network as well.

I would call them and ask them to include your Regional Sports Networks with your AT200 (if they do that)

unless things have changed, AT200 is supposed to have their local RSN's which would include BTN espically in OHIO.... to the person who doesn't have it, call dish and ask what's going on. cause I have it in IL and I have at 250.

unless things have changed, AT200 is supposed to have their local RSN's which would include BTN espically in OHIO.... to the person who doesn't have it, call dish and ask what's going on. cause I have it in IL and I have at 250.
I live in Ohio and had it stripped from me as well. A live chat with a Dish CSR eventually restored the channel but only after being given the run around. First I was told the national preview was over and I couldn't get it in my state. I said I live in Ohio, a Big Ten state. I was then told I needed to upgrade my programming to AT100+(I have AT250 with HD Ultimate). Next the CSR proceeded to tell me the FCC would not allow Dish to offer the BTN to my zip code. I told him that when I type my address in on the Dish Network site it tells me that the BTN will be included with my RSNs. He runs the zip code again and tells me that I should be receiving the BTN. After all that I had the BTN restored.

I live in Ohio and had it stripped from me as well. A live chat with a Dish CSR eventually restored the channel but only after being given the run around. First I was told the national preview was over and I couldn't get it in my state. I said I live in Ohio, a Big Ten state. I was then told I needed to upgrade my programming to AT100+(I have AT250 with HD Ultimate). Next the CSR proceeded to tell me the FCC would not allow Dish to offer the BTN to my zip code. I told him that when I type my address in on the Dish Network site it tells me that the BTN will be included with my RSNs. He runs the zip code again and tells me that I should be receiving the BTN. After all that I had the BTN restored.

Yeah I just did the chat and it worked out
Thanks for the advice man

The BTN is available now in America's Top 100 Plus. If you have AT100 you'll need to upgrade.

I lost BTN as well and I am a AT200 sub in Ohio. I was told that on CSR chat that since I had an 4/4 HD upgrade w/ Dish 1000 scheduled I would get it back. I specifically asked "what if I wasn't upgrading, I still have AT200, so would I still get the channel?" - his answer was "No", which made no sense to me, but those CSR people don't know their own ass from a hole in the wall.

The multi-sport package is more of less pointless until Football season begins. You're still blocked out of NBA/MLB/NHL games if it's not on your regional channel and college basketball is over as far as the regional networks go.

I'd wait until August and sign up then (The regional networks are very good for carrying college football and most of the time in HD). It will cost you $5 to downgrade your service when the season is over but there's no point to paying $6 extra a month the rest of the year for nothing you can watch.

To all you Ohio folks (and prob the rest of you Big Ten state residents) .. be persistent with the know-nothing CSRs!

I just went through Precious (tech support), Jasper, Karen (a supervisor), Phillip and FINALLY Derrick (tech support).

It took 90 minutes and Derrick fixed it in 5 minutes. Precious said I needed a new receiver! Unbelievable. The other CSRs were worthless and the super put me on hold for 20 minutes then disconnected me.

Derrick (definately an American voice) took care of me. I laughingly said, "I don't know what you did, but send it around to the other CSRs". He laughed.

So, if you're in a Big Ten state, don't be pushed into a new receiver or "you don't qualify". I'm just south of Cleveland, have the top 200 package and get the regional sports so I knew I qualified. Make sure and stress it was working the day before Dish dumped the National feed ... 3/19 I believe.

Good Luck and stick to it.

Time for a note to Charles.

Last edited:
So what happens to those of us nowhere near big ten country? I'm in California, is there any way to still receive BTN?

Blackouts?

I'm in the NYC DMA with AT 200 so I lost the Big Ten network. Now when August rolls around I'll want to watch college football.

First will the Big Ten college football games be shown on the Alt sport channels? Last year many college football games were shown on the Alt sport channels so why should I pay $5.99 if the games are on the Alt Sport channels?

Second could Big Ten college football be blacked out or just the pro MBA/NBA/NHL are subject to blackouts?

I called Dish and even spoke to manager and I could not get an answer. They did offer to reimburse me the $5.99/month and waive the downgrade fee if any games were blacked out so I may just get it in August. This seemed more then fair from Dish but I would like the above questions answered.

Second could Big Ten college football be blacked out or just the pro MBA/NBA/NHL are subject to blackouts?
Typically the only reason a college game will be blacked out is if another station/network in that area has rights to that game.
The NCAA does not do territorial rights like the Pros do.

Just got the following from the Big Ten Network. No blackouts!

Big Ten Network does not black out any games due to geographical location or subscription. The same BTN schedule that can be found on bigtennetwork.com is the same BTN that we see here in Chicago and that you will see outside of New York City as a DISH Network customer.

--Big Ten Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)