Big announcement by Verizon! (FiOS)

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

Driving to work this morning, about 3 blocks from my house, one neighborhood over, I discovered work crews digging holes in people's yards and along the street. Very familiar looking holes. The workers didn't speak English, or didn't admit it, but a neighbor there said, yep, Verizon.

So Fios may soon be with me. Can't wait. I'll stick with Dish, but if that goes south, Fios TV would likely be the best alternative.

Ahhhhh, to be rid of the cableco entirely!

I work for Verizon. FiOS is available in NY, CT, MA, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA (their original NYNEX/Bell Atlantic "East" territory), and in FL, TX, CA, RI, SC, WA, OR and IN (their original GTE "West" territory). Note that FiOS TV is not currently available in CT, SC or WA, but FiOS Internet is.

More interesting to most than the 50/20 speed will be that on 6/22 Vz increased the 5/2 base speeds to 10/2 in all states that were not already at 10/2 (MA, PA, DE, MD, VA, TX, CA, RI, SC, WA, OR, IN). We also increased our 15/2 speed to 20/5 (PA, DE, MD, VA, TX, CA, RI, SC, WA, OR, IN) And we increased our 15/15 speed to 20/20 (PA, DE, MD, VA, FL, TX, CA, SC, WA, OR, IN).

These are the speeds that new customers will get. If you're an existing customer, you'll need to contact Vz, and possibly renew/renegotiate your term/contract.

Thanks. I bumped mine from 5/2 to 20/5 today. Don't have Fios TV yet but the increased speed sure improves the way my Netflix Roku player works!

Well, I ended up going from 20/5 down to 10/2. Seems good enough. I was on 15/2 forever, and 10/2 seems almost the same. Slightly slower downloading from usenet, but now that I have to pay for it, the $7 less a month evens it out.

My 20/5 price jumped to 60.99/mo, but would have been 53/mo with a 1yr contract. The 10/2 is 43/mo with a 1yr contract. (Compared to the 15/2 for 50/mo no contract).

-John

Well, I ended up going from 20/5 down to 10/2. Seems good enough. I was on 15/2 forever, and 10/2 seems almost the same. Slightly slower downloading from usenet, but now that I have to pay for it, the $7 less a month evens it out.

My 20/5 price jumped to 60.99/mo, but would have been 53/mo with a 1yr contract. The 10/2 is 43/mo with a 1yr contract. (Compared to the 15/2 for 50/mo no contract).

-John

Smart choice, I'd hate to be in a contract like I am with DirecTV, but I am happy with DirecTV, 2+ years to go for my contract to expire eheh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)