Big Brown trainer says Triple Crown is 'foregone conclusion'

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
....Gotto love the proverbial "I guarantee we will win.........". I don't know how many people here are into Horse Racing, but I am looking forward to seeing a Triple Crown winner!

NEW YORK -- Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. held nothing back, saying it's a "foregone conclusion" Big Brown will win the Triple Crown. What's more, he insists that Smarty Jones, the last horse to try for racing's biggest prize, lost the Belmont Stakes because his connections "were not smart."

Asked if he was getting nervous in the days before Big Brown's attempt to become the first Triple Crown champion since Affirmed in 1978, Dutrow seemed even more emboldened.

"I feel that he will do it," he said Thursday during the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's pre-Belmont conference call. "I feel like it's actually a foregone conclusion. To me, I just see the horses he's in with and I see our horse so I expect him to win this race. ...

"I know that when that day actually does come, and if our horse is in good shape, it will be the most exciting, thrilling moment of my life. So I just ... I know that that's coming, but right now I'm just staying involved with our horse and what we think is best to get him there the right way and it keeps us plenty busy."

Big Brown missed three days of training this week with a slight crack on the inside of his left front hoof, but Dutrow says it won't affect the unbeaten colt in the 1½-mile Belmont on June 7.

ESPN - Big Brown trainer says Triple Crown is 'foregone conclusion' - Horse Racing

....Gotto love the proverbial "I guarantee we will win.........". I don't know how many people here are into Horse Racing, but I am looking forward to seeing a Triple Crown winner!
I am too. See my posts in two other threads in the Sports Section regarding my disgust with horse breeders and my hopes for Big Brown. I hope he stays healthy, doesn't have a break down, and wins the Belmont by at least 20 lengths. Not just because it would be nice to have a Triple Crown winner after 30 years. But because maybe a few breeders might wake up and reconsider their "speed over endurance and damn the horse's health" attitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)