Big Color Brochure in Mail shows VOOM back to DISH

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I got a large color brochure in the mail the other day and it showed DISH HD including most of the old VOOM Channels. I am not currently a customer of DISH, so could someone update me on what HD channels DISH DOES have right now?

I have seen so many website with so much conflicting information--how this brochure--what do I believe?

All I need is a list of the CURRENT HD channels that DISH carries. Thanks.

I dug it out of the trash and it gives a phone number only no return address--US Postage Paid from Champaign, Il Call 800 530 9706, which I will do tomorrow--how bad is that then--to be that out of touch?

Here are the HD channels I am interested in--does DISH have:

Fox News HD -- don't see on their website
FX HD -- not sure if listed or not

I went to DISh website and could not read the HD that is in their "Extra" package (has no SD counterpart)--what are those channels? I see MGM HD, HDNet Movies, HD Net and cannot read the other stuff?

Do you have a thread that lists all HD Dish currently carries?

Also, does DISH HD broadcast in native resolution?

Any comparison of HD PQ between DISH and DIRect?

Last edited:
Besides VOOM being yanked off of Dish Network almost 15-months ago...E* stopped using the term DishHD in the spring of '08 and starting using TurboHD, and later shutdown VOOM domestically when the pulled the channels from Cablevision. There are currently only two VOOM International channels, VOOM HD and Rush HD, which are not offered locally.

There are currently only two VOOM International channels, VOOM HD and Rush HD, which are not offered locally.

I'd be happy to have these. I especially miss Equator and whatever their international film channel was called (World Cinema?).

I'd be happy to have these. I especially miss Equator and whatever their international film channel was called (World Cinema?).
I liked WorldSport for La Liga soccer, GamePlay sometimes had some interesting coverage, Equator created some really good original material (such as Micro Financing) that my wife used in her Social Studies classes...but I really miss all the old VOOM Cinema channels and whatever they morphed into (Monsters, World Cinema, etc.).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kz1MIc0JA8"]YouTube - Voom HD Networks[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGnrLD02vU"]YouTube - Kung Fu HD[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8CPM2PLqho"]YouTube - Monsters HD[/ame]

Last edited:

I went to DISh website and could not read the HD that is in their "Extra" package (has no SD counterpart)--what are those channels? I see MGM HD, HDNet Movies, HD Net and cannot read the other stuff?

Both Fox News and FX are available in HD on Dish. There should be a channel chart on the Dish site.

I just switched yesterday from a Direct HDDVR to a Dish 722k HDDVR. With the 722k, the HD PQ is virtually identical to what I saw on the Direct box and the SD PQ is better. But I've been told the 722k is a bit better at the HD PQ than the other HDDVRs. I have no way of verifying that.

Dish doesn't do native resolution which is what the receiver does to the signal it gets. But Direct does. On my setup, the HDMI handshaking would go nuts as the DirecTV HDDVR changed resolutions, so I turned that function off. Others have had different experiences.

I dug it out of the trash and it gives a phone number only no return address--US Postage Paid from Champaign, Il Call 800 530 9706, which I will do tomorrow--how bad is that then--to be that out of touch?

Do you have a thread that lists all HD Dish currently carries?

Does the document have a revision date at the bottom of it? Many forms and material like this will have a date on it so the company knows when it was created.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)