Big Color Brochure in Mail shows VOOM back to DISH

I finally got through to the toll-free #--it is godish.com I verified that their advertising flyer is WRONG--they DO NOT have those VOOM channels, but they do have FNC in HD and FX HD, but here's a question nobody could answer:

Does DISH generate 1080p--if so, on what channels and is this direct through the Sat dish, or is VOD internet required, as it is on Direct TV?

We cannot use VOD over internet because we have Wildblue with a limit on the monthly download we are allowed--thus we cannot take advantage of the 1080p with Direct TV.

I just switched yesterday from a Direct HDDVR to a Dish 722k HDDVR. With the 722k, the HD PQ is virtually identical to what I saw on the Direct box and the SD PQ is better. But I've been told the 722k is a bit better at the HD PQ than the other HDDVRs. I have no way of verifying that.

Dish doesn't do native resolution which is what the receiver does to the signal it gets. But Direct does. On my setup, the HDMI handshaking would go nuts as the DirecTV HDDVR changed resolutions, so I turned that function off. Others have had different experiences.

You say that the HD PQ is better--what type, brand and size of HDTV do you happen to have?

Last edited:
There are NO regular channels that broadcast in 1080p. 720p or 1080i,

I finally got through to the toll-free #--it is godish.com I verified that their advertising flyer is WRONG--they DO NOT have those VOOM channels, but they do have FNC in HD and FX HD, but here's a question nobody could answer:

Does DISH generate 1080p--if so, on what channels and is this direct through the Sat dish, or is VOD internet required, as it is on Direct TV?

We cannot use VOD over internet because we have Wildblue with a limit on the monthly download we are allowed--thus we cannot take advantage of the 1080p with Direct TV.

I got a brochure from the same outfit, but mine didn't have any Voom on it.

There is no network that telecasts 1080p. Other than VOD, there is one series that is available in 1080p, but requires an Internet connection. Dish 722 HD DVR is 1080p capable, provided your TV accepts 1080p inputs, and it blows the doors off Directs DVR. It is on par with TiVo.

Some of us greatly prefer the ViP DVRs over Tivo. But that's a discussion for another thread. You can search and find comparisons, if you wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts