Big East best confrence in the bowls

5 - 0 is impressive. Would have been more impressive if that list included beating somebody of note. (OSU, USC, Florida, LSU, or at least Boise State).

Well maybe that will quiet the name calling of "The Big Least".

5 - 0 is impressive. Would have been more impressive if that list included beating somebody of note. (OSU, USC, Florida, LSU, or at least Boise State).

They beat a very good Georgia Tech team, and the ACC champ Wake Forest, plus a very good Kansas St.

If Rutgers would of played LSU they would of done a better job than Notre Dame, but the bowl officials decided they could sell more tickets with Notre Dame than Rutgers.

They beat a very good Georgia Tech team, and the ACC champ Wake Forest, plus a very good Kansas St.

If Rutgers would of played LSU they would of done a better job than Notre Dame, but the bowl officials decided they could sell more tickets with Notre Dame than Rutgers.

I agree Rutgers should have been in that game, but Paul has a good point, they haven't played a true top team yet.

OSU, USC, Florida, LSU
I think that would have struggled against any of the above mentioned.
All the above have more size and speed.

Jimbo

I agree Rutgers should have been in that game, but Paul has a good point, they haven't played a true top team yet.

OSU, USC, Florida, LSU
I think that would have struggled against any of the above mentioned.
All the above have more size and speed.

Jimbo

I don't know I think Louisville, West Virgina and Rutgers would give all of those teams a good game, I'm not saying they would win but it would be a good game.

I don't know I think Louisville, West Virgina and Rutgers would give all of those teams a good game, I'm not saying they would win but it would be a good game.

Not really sure, I think WV is too one dimensional, you stop the run and you will beat them. See, if you know they are going to have to do one or the other, they would be beat normally.

Louisville is an up and coming team, they have been around for several years now, but I don't think they are up in the elite YET, maybe soon though, if they continue to progresss.

Rutgers is interesting, but I doubt that they will be around for 4-5 years continiuing to be as good as they were this year.
I could be wrong, but they would have to do it for a while to gain the Big Boy status.

I think that Louisville and maybe Boise State are the two that could join in with the Big Boys, maybe...

jimbo

Not really sure, I think WV is too one dimensional, you stop the run and you will beat them. See, if you know they are going to have to do one or the other, they would be beat normally.

Louisville is an up and coming team, they have been around for several years now, but I don't think they are up in the elite YET, maybe soon though, if they continue to progresss.

Rutgers is interesting, but I doubt that they will be around for 4-5 years continiuing to be as good as they were this year.
I could be wrong, but they would have to do it for a while to gain the Big Boy status.

I think that Louisville and maybe Boise State are the two that could join in with the Big Boys, maybe...

jimbo

Personally I hope all 3 teams get worse, I want my Panthers to win more games.:D

jimbo

Let me tell ya something, as long as Rutgers KEEPS Schiano, they WILL become elite team in a couple of years. Schiano is one of THE best recruiters in the country, has an inside on ALOT of the players in Florida....AND it's only a matter of time before he start taking ALL the good recruits in Jersey, New York and eastern Pennsylvania.....and he is one HELL of a coach!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)