Big East confirms Marinatto’s ‘resignation’ as commish

In the great move-up, the Thriceleastleftovers were given the option of joining CUSA and the MWC in a Mid-Major Alliance, to protect mid-major football. This joker convinced his remnant membership and a random collection of others that he could actutally continue to sell the snake oil that the Thriceleastleftovers was the equal of the True Majors. Now, apparently, college football is going to this (silly, IMHO) four team playoff, in which his random collection will never participate. The ONLY reason for joining this random collection of mostly fanless, historyless, and geographically illogical mid-majors is gone.

And now so is he.

I look for the Big East to reform as a basketball only league and these remnant football teams, not that much of anyone cares, to all seek shelter elsewhere.

SamCdbs, when I read your posts I get this image in my mind of you pounding on your keyboard with one hand and cattle prodding a puppy with the other. ;) Is there anything about college football you actually like?

I love college football. God's sport.

The death of the Thriceleastleftovers is a great step in killing the BcS. Great!