Big echostart antenna use

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think your aim is to record network shows without subbing[?] via local OTA television.
There's no "Simple" way of modifying the big dish to receive local OTA television.
To put the dish to it's intended use- I'd look at getting a DVB receiver. The one soon to be released by SatelliteAV, along with their C2 LNBF. , and enjoy quite a number free channels. Get the net's from the eastern time zone and you could add a USB HDD to the microHD FTA receiver to record with it's DVR mode.
You said the locals were "so-so" but didn't indicate what antenna you presently have. ??? Picture??
For OTA, I'd probably try this antenna: CM4220 or maybe the CM4221. 20ft or more above ground level. TVFool (on your Zip code only) Looks to be only low power translators UHF near you, and you may be in a 'hole' so antenna may have to go higher.
BUT, an OTA antenna alone doesn't include DVR function, without purchasing a stand alone DVR.

If the wires are disconnected from the receiver, and want to 'move the dish, this picture may help.
Think the only place for instructions on the echostar receiver are here: archive.org wayback machine
Dish/Echostar won't have a clue as they abandoned C-Band when they got their 'pizza dish' system operational.

Attachments

• SAT_cable.JPG
    SAT_cable.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 115
88337. La Luz, near Alamogordo

Thats a tough spot to get OTA. A big UHF antenna would be necessary for the Alamogordo translators. Even though you are only 13 miles or so from the antennas the terrain is blocking the signal.

Are you getting any or all of the stations listed here: Stations for Alamogordo, New Mexico
What kind of antenna is giving you an "iffy" signal?

Hi Cyberham,

Do you know of a source for Glen Martin towers in Canada? I've been searching the whole weekend with no luck, but I see that you have it in your signature so I thought no harm to ask...

:)

Marvin

You may find that this antenna will work will for you in La Luz to receive OTA.
[h=1]Long Range 125 Mile SUPER BOOSTER HDTV TV Antenna at Antennashopusa on ebay.[/h]I bought on for $39.95 including shipping and it performs excellently - better than either of 3 different types of deep fringe antennas. In your photo, it looks to me like your big dish is pointed at the mountains which are west of Alamogordo. If so, you should place your OTA antenna on the south side of the trailer and point your OTA antenna at the peak of ridge just west of Alamogordo. [I lived and worked in Alamogordo in the late 60's and 70's, so I am assuming that the translators are in the same location now as they were then.]
Good Luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadun Motor DD-280 does not move

Using GloryStar system for both Galaxy 19 and AMC 21, good idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts