Big International News But No BBC-World Or CNN-International On DISH

CNN Domestic: All Michael, all the time.

I would like to find out more about the coup in Honduras, and about the internal machinations in Iran.

There is some coverage on CNN-Domestic but almost all the news is about Michael. Yes, he was an important force in pop culture and his loss is tragic but I don't need to hear about it 48/7!:mad:

I would like to see BBC World. I like international news. I watch Euronews and DW-TV and ocassionally some foreign news channels. I do not exactly know what BBC World carries but it sounds like it might carry news and I like that. Another station I would love to have, don't know if it is possible is ITN. I loved their newscasts which were carried by a local college TV station but were replaced with BBC news. In fact I like ITN better than any of the others. I was sad to see them go and be replaced on that local educational station.

Channel 135 - 5 times a day, an hour long each time.
Okay, okay. I forgot BBC News is on BBC America. I actually want a 24 hour a day dedicated news channel available ala'carte. I do not wish to subscribe to a standard definition package. Does this mean if BBC America comes in high definition, BBC News will be on there in high definition? International Television Network is more enjoyable than BBC to me last time I had it available for comparison a few years ago.
We are not Dish Network.

No thread here convinces Dish Network.

Call Dish Network to ask for it.
Thanks for reminding me kstuart of what I needed to do. You are right. I just called Dish Network and had a channel request form filled out for the Intenational Television Network and BBC World. Thanks for helping me to do the right thing. Based on my viewing habits, these are two channels I would be interested in purchasing.

Maybe if you want to see more BBC News on BBC America then write to the folks at Discovery Channel who actually control BBC America and whats shown on it.

Er, Scott, it would be better to write to the folks at BBC Worldwide who control BBC America and what's shown on it. :) Discovery has nothing to do with what content is aired on BBC-A - they handle channel distribution only on a contract basis.

Best way to contact BBC-A is using the contact info on their site - first and foremost, they control what goes on, and they do actually track what requests come in. If you want to also contact the folks at BBC Worldwide who oversee the BBC America channel to express an opinion, look up BBC Worldwide Americas in New York.

Er, Scott, it would be better to write to the folks at BBC Worldwide who control BBC America and what's shown on it. :) Discovery has nothing to do with what content is aired on BBC-A - they handle channel distribution only on a contract basis.

Best way to contact BBC-A is using the contact info on their site - first and foremost, they control what goes on, and they do actually track what requests come in. If you want to also contact the folks at BBC Worldwide who oversee the BBC America channel to express an opinion, look up BBC Worldwide Americas in New York.

I do not know that much about it but that's probably true. I want BBC World but so far I have had to settle for the choice that they want me to have, BBC America.

I have asked Dish multiple times why they choose to ignore the several different foreign news services and yet add certain ones that I am pretty sure at best only match the demand for international news. BBC World News, CNN International and Al Jazeera English would all be welcome additions in my opinion

I went to my sister's house in Northern New Hampshire this weekend and they have Time/Warner Cable. TWC carries CNN-International. Therefore with all the news breaking in Iran, there was hourly, in-depth coverage from a news operation that understands international events. It was great to be able to keep up with events in such detail.

Then I came home and had to go back to the limited international news available on DISH.

With all the potential benefits of satellite TV, why do we still not have BBC-World or CNN-International?:what
I guess I need to read threads before I post to them. I just want BBC World and International Television Network. Do not count Dish all the way out. They do offer Deutche Welle and Euronews which are excellent international news sources.

this thread duplicates 2058320 previous ones on the subject....
I cannot find the other 2058320 threads.

Here is the link to live BBC World programming streaming on the web:

BBC News-great britain

I have been using this for a few weeks now. It even works on my cellphone. They now have an iPhone app that lets you watch live streaming content.
Thanks for the link.

I went to my sister's house in Northern New Hampshire this weekend and they have Time/Warner Cable. TWC carries CNN-International. Therefore with all the news breaking in Iran, there was hourly, in-depth coverage from a news operation that understands international events. It was great to be able to keep up with events in such detail.

Then I came home and had to go back to the limited international news available on DISH.

With all the potential benefits of satellite TV, why do we still not have BBC-World or CNN-International?:what

Leegart

A few 24hrs (English language) international news channels are available for free on Galaxy 19 (97W) satellite:

Al Jazeera English (Multi national with emphasis on the Middle East)
Press TV (Iranian supported with Emphasis on Iran and the Middle East
Russia Today (Mostly European News and some coverage of American politics)
CCTV 9 (Mostly news in English about China. Also daily coverage of world news with emphasis on Africa, Europe, and the Middle East)

A few other "English" channels that offer limited world news:
Saudi TV2
Kuwait TV2

I would say you will rarely if ever see the news offered on above channels on USA MSM. Of course most of the news would be bias, but show me a news channel that doesn't have an agenda?! ;)

To watch above channels, you will need the motorized KU FTA system like the M1 system here:
Motorized Free To Air Satellite system will allow you to move the dish to several satellites to watch more channels.  A powerful solution if your favorite channels are available over several satellites. The receiver's remote control will actually con

Channel 135 - 5 times a day, an hour long each time.

Not enough. News happens 24/7, not just during the morning block on BBC-America or the one hour at 7P.M. Eastern Time (rerun at 10 P.M.). :mad:

Both CNN-International and BBC-World have newscasts at the top of virtually every hour. This is what we need. !protest

But they know that SG members are not representative of the 14 million Dish subscribers (who have undoubtedly never heard of any of these channels).

And they "know" that how? Perhaps we are representative-Just more proactive about expressing our views.

I think dish is never going to add these channels to the lineup because the demand is too low. In Washington dc area one of the local station which carried international programing and went from just 2 channels to 10 because of digital switch.

At this point my antena isn't strong enough to pull all the channels but these are the channels available now

MHz Worldview is 30.1,
NHK World TV is 30.2,
Metro Chinese Network is 30.3,
RT (i think it's Russia Today) is 30.4,
Al Jazeera English is 30.5,

SABC News International is 30.6,
France 24 is 30.7,
NTA is 30.8,
VTV 4 is 30.9 and
euronews is 30.10.

The channels are bold are in english and 24 hour news.

Leegart

A few 24hrs (English language) international news channels are available for free on Galaxy 19 (97W) satellite:

Al Jazeera English (Multi national with emphasis on the Middle East)
Press TV (Iranian supported with Emphasis on Iran and the Middle East
Russia Today (Mostly European News and some coverage of American politics)
CCTV 9 (Mostly news in English about China. Also daily coverage of world news with emphasis on Africa, Europe, and the Middle East)

A few other "English" channels that offer limited world news:
Saudi TV2
Kuwait TV2

I would say you will rarely if ever see the news offered on above channels on USA MSM. Of course most of the news would be bias, but show me a news channel that doesn't have an agenda?! ;)[/url]

CCTV 9 and Russia Today are on channels 265 and 738 on Dish Network right now. I do not care for either. CCTV 9 does not charge. I am not sure how much Russia Today is. You probably need a certain antenna but I am not sure.

Maybe they can add it to the platinum HD pack.. so that only those who want it will pay for it

Dish offers EuroNews on ch 900, ala carte for $1.99 a month, I had it when I had Cablevision back in the day and subscribe to it now. It's a great channel, it's done in a news/magazine format, there are no "talking heads" reading teleprompters and covers everything European from up to the minute news, weather, sports, finances, entertainment, etc. I actually prefer it over BBC World News and I'm happy (and surprised) Dish offers it, however it should be offered in one of their packages instead of having to subscribe to it ala carte.

Last edited:
NO BBC WORLD NEWS OR CNN INTERNATIONAL ON DISH NETWORK

I think we'll see donkeys fly before E* (& D* as well) ever add BBC World News & CNN International. It's beyond me why every cable and satellite company OUTSIDE THE U.S. has these channels but virtually no one in the U.S. carries them. Absolutely crazy!! Do they think that the only people who care about what's going on outside this country are those who speak a foreign language?

:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts