Big Outernet Announcement Coming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Syed Karim, CEO OutnerNet, will be on Satellite Nation that same evening. For full details Click Here.

Reactions: wallyhts
Good question, tune in at 8PM EST and find out what the CEO himself has to say about it or better yet call in and ask him a question: 347-327-9319

Reactions: wallyhts
If they could get the attention of someone like Bill Gates that donates massive amounts to charity, they could really make something out of this.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Titanium
We will have a replay up shortly in the radio forum in the sub-forum Satellite Nation Archives. I will post the link here and can PM it to you @Elkview.

Reactions: Elkview
I have wasted a lot more money than this at the bar. I also donated and I am set to receive the Lantern as a perk for donating before 3PM est today.

Do you have to orient the device a particular direction and fine tune the signal in to receive the satellite signal?

Do you have to orient the device a particular direction and fine tune the signal in to receive the satellite signal?

As I understand, in the low speed mode the signal will come from high-powered satellites and only need the small internal antennas like are used on satellite phones. The higher speed data will be served using the FSS satellites with a fixed dish. This second mode is like the current feeds on 97w KU.

That is correct. It's essentially a dual-purpose, multi-modulation receiver. When connected to external power and high gain antenna, it receives lots of content from Ku-band satellites. In pocket-mode, it continuously receives data from MSS operators, as well as a hodge podge of UHF that we are putting together. Another fun feature: Shortwave data reception (60 bps!).

Wow they have raised almost $40K in the first 24 hours. Very impressive!

And I thought the 300Bd rate I use on the 30m band was slow!

Such an interesting idea I might have to spring for one of these, need toys to play with when it is -30 outside... :)
edit:
.done
Will have to experiment with this system and see how it works on Ku while I wait for a parcel next July. Great idea, I see the potential and sure hope it works out.

That is correct. It's essentially a dual-purpose, multi-modulation receiver. When connected to external power and high gain antenna, it receives lots of content from Ku-band satellites. In pocket-mode, it continuously receives data from MSS operators, as well as a hodge podge of UHF that we are putting together. Another fun feature: Shortwave data reception (60 bps!).

Last edited:
I posted a link to the indiegogo site on a forum where some very wealthy people hangout, don't know if it will help but it couldn't hurt to get the word out. I might donate later but I have been hit with a ton of unexpected bills this year. I spent a ton of money rescuing 14 dogs so at least of have done some good deeds.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Posting and sharing is just as important as supporting our work. Thanks for your interest. We really want to hit 1/3 of our goal within the first 48 hours of the campaign. The staff at IGG claim that media coverage doesn't start unless that number is hit. So any sharing/posting/tweeting is very much appreciated.

Is the low speed data working now? Is it using globalstar or iridium or other? Would like to see more info about the low speed data I like that idea normal people could use that very easily.

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)