Big problem with 4dtv receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dannymcenrow

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Detroit MI
I just got home today after a 3 weeks vacation in the Netherlands and came home to this.My 4dtv receiver is stuck.Display shows 4:38 and thats it.It doesn't turn on or anything it doesn't respond to the remote or to the buttons on the unit itself.I can't even do a master reset since it doesn't respond to any buttons I press.My kids says that it has been like that since last sunday.I called my sister since she was the previous owner of this receiver she said that this has happened to her about 3 years ago and that she had to send it to General instrument or something to replace the battery on the motherboard,change a capacitator and zap the P ram.That was 3 years ago now I know that these receivers are not supported anymore so I don't think I'll find anybody to repair it for me.So that's why I'm asking if maybe one of you know about this and if you can tell me witch capacitator it is that I need to change how to locate it on the board and how to buy it what are the things I need to look at E.g farads etc.How do I change the battery and what battery do I need and how do I zap the pram or something can I do this myself.Because right now I can't even move the dish to make my pansat receiver work because the 4dtv is supposed to move the dish and adjust the skew and everything.

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? Sometimes that will make it reboot. If that doesn't work, I would disconnect everything from the back and try unplugging it and plugging it back in again. If that doesn't work, you might try contacting ATS Electronics for repair.
Welcome to ATS Electronics, Inc.

Have you tried unplugging the receiver and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in? If the battery was replaced 3 years ago it should still be OK. Unless you have some other serious problem, the capacitor should be OK also. If the battery did die or something else has happened you're out of luck unless you can find an authorized service center to fix it. I've had my 4DTV 922 for about 10 years and haven't had any major trouble but I did replace the battery with a method similar to this: 4DTV DSR922

Yeah it's fixed now I just unplugged it and plugged it in about 20 minutes later and it came back to normal.
Thanks guys.
Now I wonder why it happened in the first place.
I think they watched tv like till 4 o'clock in the morning for a few days and didn't let it download the guide that's why.
BUt lett's see if it happens again or just stay notrmal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts