Big Shake-up to Happen on 99w and 101w C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This has been the only hobby that constantly teaches what delay gratification is all about. I've been looking for another 1m or 1.2m dish for pennies on the dollar. I've found plenty, but can't get owners to return calls. Ill get trying.

For me the thrill is in the hunt."

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Don't spend much time messing with FTA anymore but saw this post....and I don't think Bounce TV is part of Weigel. Seen so much stuff come and go over the years I gave up on FTA a year ago or more. Too much money invested over the years to invest any more in it.

I think you are correct about BounceTV. It is carried on the Weigel OTA stations but does not appear to be owned by Weigel.

Let's start a campaign against fiber just a thought. Is the fiber and the Internet why they are leaving?

Let's start a campaign against fiber just a thought. Is the fiber and the Internet why they are leaving?

You can't be serious? Have you ever read those posts from Brian as to just how much uplinkers gouge on pricing to uplink satellite programming?

This is a no-brainer for the providers, and is a two-fer in that it locks out us FTA "freebies" for no extra costs versus also paying for encryption.

There just aren't enough of us on fta to overcome those sorts of economics... Not to mention we don't pay them anything, so what they've given us FREE over the years is a gift from God.

During the wee cold winter months earlier this year, I couldn't put in satellite dishes easily, but there was one channel I really wanted to get. A couple of hours later, I FOUND THE IP FEED. http://www.rcrq.com/radiocraft.asx If I've done it once, I'm sure we could put our heads together and find other IP feeds.

Get yourself an Amiko A3, an connect it to the 'net. You'll still find everything available, even after these go away. There's plenty of "channels" on Youtube and elsewhere, so there's never a lack for something to watch.

Reactions: dougruss
You can't be serious? Have you ever read those posts from Brian as to just how much uplinkers gouge on pricing to uplink satellite programming?

This is a no-brainer for the providers, and is a two-fer in that it locks out us FTA "freebies" for no extra costs versus also paying for encryption.

There just aren't enough of us on fta to overcome those sorts of economics... Not to mention we don't pay them anything, so what they've given us FREE over the years is a gift from God.

Go price the cost to build, launch and administer a satellite over a decade or two before saying it is price gouging.

The fact is more of these full time satellite feeds to one location are going away. There is no point to it when cheaper stable landline options are available. The only channels that will remain are ones that need to deliver to multiple locations.

Go price the cost to build, launch and administer a satellite over a decade or two before saying it is price gouging.

The fact is more of these full time satellite feeds to one location are going away. There is no point to it when cheaper stable landline options are available. The only channels that will remain are ones that need to deliver to multiple locations.

Just stating a fact. It is gouging, period. Sorry if you are in the business or whatever, but facts are facts.

I don't recall discussing price gouging. It is supply and demand pricing. The bandwidth is limited and with the build, maintenance and replacement schedules, the cost is high. Is 15k per month really that expensive to put you 24/7 channel in front of 5-7 (potential 50+) million viewers in North and Central America? Every additional satellite viewer decreases the per viewer cost, but with IP delivery, every viewer costs more!

Satellite distribution is economical if overcoming geographic obstacles or supporting a large number of downlinks with "broadcast" experience or local insertion type programming. Providing a local experience is very expensive.

Satellite distribution remains economical and viable for most broadcasters. I don't see this delivery method becoming obsolete any time in the foreseeable future.

This departure has little to do with the economics of satellite bandwidth cost. It is about matching technology to the needs of the broadcaster's distribution scale and requirements for content security.

Boycott fiber? Serious? We all want giga connections for our Netflix and YouTube puppy videos, but whine and cry when the technology disrupts other distribution models.

A major shift occurred when fire was created by man, but to this day we still enjoy salads, fresh fruits and sushi... :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts