big ten channel availability

tigerrun

Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Is the big ten channel available nationwide. I am on a 200 tier in Texas and cannot tune to 439.

moved to proper forum

Big10 is included (as noted above) as a RSN in all Big 10 states except Eastern PA. The rest of the US its part of the 5.99 sports pack

texas doesnt have a big ten team, so no - you would have to sub the multisport pack, but in doing so, i think you also would get that new nfl redzone channel, but i am not sure on that

I'm in Ohio, a Big 10 state, and can't even see 439 or 9500 in the guide. And no, neither one is locked out. I do have Absolute but that shouldn't stop the channel from being in the guide (in red), should it ?

I'm in Ohio, a Big 10 state, and can't even see 439 or 9500 in the guide. And no, neither one is locked out. I do have Absolute but that shouldn't stop the channel from being in the guide (in red), should it ?

No, because it is not available to you with your package. If you had a package where the channel was available and you didn't subscribe to it, it would be in red.

texas doesnt have a big ten team, so no - you would have to sub the multisport pack, but in doing so, i think you also would get that new nfl redzone channel, but i am not sure on that

Yes he would get NFL RedZone as well for the $5.99/mo. I'm watching the Buckeyes getting smacked by Purdue right now on Big 10 in Missouri. IMO, it's the best $5.99 deal with Dish. I can't wait for college basketball season.

since its considered a RSN it wouldnt show in the guide unless you subbed.

moved to proper forum

Big10 is included (as noted above) as a RSN in all Big 10 states except Eastern PA. The rest of the US its part of the 5.99 sports pack
Not True totally, Northeastern Pa (Scranton Wilkes-barre DMA) receives the Big Ten Network with our RSN's for free. Thats Wayne and Monroe countys in Eastern Pa.
Pike County Pa also gets the Big Ten Network ,even though Pike county is the Only county in PA that receives only NY locals

Pike county Locals
Locals Package - $5.00 per month*

Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available only with Classic Bronze 100 Plus or higher.
Station

MSG
SPORTSNET NY
Big Ten Network

Wayne and Monroe County Locals
Local channels currently available in this package:
Locals Package - $5.00 per month*

Regional and Collegiate Sports Networks are available only with Classic Bronze 100 Plus or higher.
Station

MSG
SPORTSNET NY
Big Ten Network

Philadelphia DMA doesn't, Unless you subscribe to multisports pack.

No, because it is not available to you with your package. If you had a package where the channel was available and you didn't subscribe to it, it would be in red.

That makes no sense... :eek:
It makes entire sense. Think about it. You have the HD Absolute package. RSNs are not included in that package. Channels that are not available to a given package are hidden, so you won't see them in Red, Green, Yellow or any other color. That way Dish doesn't have to listen to someone complain that they see a certain channel that they'd like that is in Red and then have to explain that they can't have it because it is not included in their package.

The only reason it doesnt show in the guide is because its classified as a RSN. Unless you subscribe to a package with RSN's they don't show in the guide

How do I get a "package where the channel is available" but then not "subscribe to it" ? If it's in the package I have, I subscribe to it.... Maybe you just worded it poorly or maybe what you're thinking isn't what you typed (?).

iceberg's answer that B10N is now an RSN is the correct answer. Same reason we don't see any other RSNs.

Last edited:
I was thinking exactly what Iceberg said, just worded it less eloquently. But then again, I did say "You have the HD Absolute package. RSNs are not included in that package. Channels that are not available to a given package are hidden, so you won't see them in Red, Green, Yellow or any other color."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)