Big Ten Network HD come March

jmjunkin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Anybody have any idea where this channel might wind up come March. I know the Big Ten states stll get it at AT 100 plus but what about the rest of us. I only care about the HD version and was hoping that they would at least put in HD Ultimate like NBA TV and NHL.

Its been stated on here before that after March the Big 10 Network will be available nationwide for an additional fee for customers out of the Big 10 college states. Right now its free for everyone as sort of a "free preview." That was my take on it anyway.

Its been stated on here before that after March the Big 10 Network will be available nationwide for an additional fee for customers out of the Big 10 college states. Right now its free for everyone as sort of a "free preview." That was my take on it anyway.
Yeh, that's what I remember as well.

Yeap, it's available to everyone currently but will switch to AT100 for "Big 10 region" customers and "a la carte" elsewhere.

As far as I have heard is that only people living in Big Ten territory will be able to get it come march. No Exceptions.

It will be available to everyone... it just won't be available in the top 100 package outside the bigten footprint. You will however be able to subscribe to it outside of bigten country. Fees and package have not yet been announced.

Not sure if this information will help and dont take it as the gospel because Im not even familiar with who told me the info (it was a satelite installer). I had asked him if Big Ten woudl be part of the Multi-Sport package and he siad he had heard it would be available a la carte for a $1.99 fee to regions outside of the Big 10. Will Big 10 be showing any of hte womens college softball games?

I am hoping that the HD version of Big Ten might be included in HD Ultimate. The SD version will probably be different. At least, that is my hope. If it is 1.99 a la carte I would get it though.

Installers "hear" a lot of stuff.... I wouldn't put much value in it at all. $1.99/mo sounds awfully low too... ESPN Game Plan works out to roughly $6-7/mo. B10N thinks they're "in demand" and worth as much as ESPN, so $2/mo sounds too low.

I think $2 / month sounds a little low, too. I was thinking more in the neighborhood of $5 / month. It makes me curious as to how many people might "move" into one of the Big Ten states in order to save that charge. Anyways, I'd probably gladly give $5 / month for all of the baseball, softball, and football it brings. Does anybody have any idea of the actual date in which it will be removed for us that are not part of the Big Ten territory? The only thing I have been able to dig up is "early 2008".

Cade

Will Big 10 be showing any of hte womens college softball games?

Yes... They will be showing both softball and baseball starting around the 30th of March. It looks like they'll be showing plenty, too. Just go to their website and look at the schedule for each sport.

Cade

I think $2 / month sounds a little low, too. I was thinking more in the neighborhood of $5 / month. It makes me curious as to how many people might "move" into one of the Big Ten states in order to save that charge. Anyways, I'd probably gladly give $5 / month for all of the baseball, softball, and football it brings. Does anybody have any idea of the actual date in which it will be removed for us that are not part of the Big Ten territory? The only thing I have been able to dig up is "early 2008".

Cade

Being in a non B10 state I would pay 1.99 for it but would probably pass at $5 a month. Seems to me they would get a lot more customers like me at $1.99, but they are probably after B10 alumni that would probably pay the $5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)