Big Ten Network HD on Dish Network?

The $1.10 is what they want out of the Big Ten market. Outside of that market they are asking for less.

Didn't know that. I'm not really of an Iowa fan, so I could care less.

GO HUSKERS!

And the SEC is thinking about forming their own network (I think this is a certainty).

Jackson Sun - www.jacksonsun.com - Jackson, TN

If this keeps up, it'll be a matter of when not if that all of the major conferences will have their own TV network.

Big 10 is the best conference in college sports. Sure you can make the case the ACC or SEC is better in certain sports, but if you top to bottom in all sports its the best, and it also contains some of the largest schools in the country, with a huge loyal alumni base spread over the entire country.

If any conference can pull of its own network, its the Big 10.

When my commitment is up, and e* does not have Big10, It will be a major factor on whether I stay or go, along with my RSN in HD.

I can guarantee there will be MANY other people reacting the same way over time..

Big 10 is the best conference in college sports.

Tell that to Ohio State and the Univ of Florida :D .

Regardless of what conference is best(and I dont know much about fees), it seems over a dollar per sub is ridiculous.

I would have to say the majority do not watch ALL sports and this channel only really caters to those. I watch mostly college football and purchased the espn gameplan 2 yrs in a row. I will not be buying it anymore because all the games I wanna see are on FREE tv anyways.

Same thing would go for a SEC channel, not worth the extra money to me.

Tell that to Ohio State and the Univ of Florida :D .

Regardless of what conference is best(and I dont know much about fees), it seems over a dollar per sub is ridiculous.

I would have to say the majority do not watch ALL sports and this channel only really caters to those. I watch mostly college football and purchased the espn gameplan 2 yrs in a row. I will not be buying it anymore because all the games I wanna see are on FREE tv anyways.

Ohio State is Big Ten.

Hopefully we'll be getting the Big Ten network, but I'm not holding my breath. E* can't continue to alienate sports fans or else they're going to lose them all little by little. First HD RSN's, then the MLB season ticket package, and this would just be yet another strike.

I hope E* finds a way to offer this channel to at least those of us in a Big Ten area. I don't care if it's AT250+, Regional Sports package or a la carte. Just make it available.

That being said, the only channels E* tends to carry at or near launch are the cheap ones. At $1.10 per subscriber I would say we'll see it sometime between the year 2022 and never.

While E* has lost most of the hard-core sports fans already, not offering the B10N is going to hurt them again. There are a lot of college sports fans across the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. Plus the B10 has gotten good ratings in New York too.

If it turns out that D*, AT&T, and a host of cable companies all offer it, while E* does not, it is going to hurt them across a large region.

It will be interesting to see what E* does. Charlie won't want to pay the price for sure. And perhaps E* thinks they can make a go of it with a channel offering of increasingly limited sports options.

By August my subscript is up, it will be the biggest reason I will switch, I have been patient up to this point with all of the other "Coming Soon" channels that never show up (Or haven't yet)
Big Ten Network will be my deciding factor.

they better have it or come contract time back to D* i'll go. Gotta have my badgers.

Same here Madtown.....

I'm a season ticket holder for Mens Basketball, I do not want to miss all those away games (110 total BBall games this year will be in HD on the B10 Network), and if Dish can't pony up the $$$ for the channel....I'm gone

Dish already screwed us by not giving us a RSN in HD, now I may miss even more games....I think not

Go Badgers!!!!!

WOW, Im suprprised that people would cancel over 1 channel. Im not knocking it just surprised.

There is just so many other things to consider when switching, I would not let a channel rule that. But Im only a football fan :)

If D* gets their act together on national HD channels, as they say they will, then we could end up with something like:

E* has 50 national HD channels & VOOM
D* has 50 national HD channels plus NFL:ST, MLB:EI, NCAA March Madness & the Big Ten Network and whatever other sports networks that might pop up.

In this scenario, a lot of people are going to prefer D*.

Right now E* has a significant advantage on HD channels. So those of us who really value HD, will grumble about the lack of sports channels but many will stay for the HD. If D* levels the playing field on HD and then offers several additional sports options, then why not go to D*?

Main reason? All the sports channels you just named cost extra. You cant compare national HD offerings and then throw in PPV packages in with them and call it equal. There are more sports shown on tv now that I can watch and I imagine most people feel the same way. Plus even if I was a sports nut, I would not drop the dough required for MLB or NFL. Tried game plan, it was a waste at $99.

Other reason is I cant stand D*.

Charlie stated that less than 1% bought EI, so they didnt see it as an issue.

I agree with Tom on this one. If E* decides to NOT offer as much sports programming as it's competitors moving forward then they are going to be backing themselves into a corner IMHO.

I'm not one to cry wolf but come next fall if we still don't have FSN North HD or Big Ten Network HD then I'm going to take a long look at what D* has to offer.

Yeah, I think sports vs non sports is always going to be a debate.

I guess we'll just wait and see how it works out. I know many said E* losing EI would be bad, but it we'll see how their 2nd qtr subscription goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)