Big Ten Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In another interesting find - Comcast is really playing hardball now:

U caught up in feud between Comcast, Big Ten Network

"The showdown between the Big Ten Network and Comcast continues to escalate, and the St. Paul Area Chamber of Commerce is caught in the middle with one of its events.

Comcast officials sent a letter to St. Paul Chamber and University of Minnesota officials last week requesting that the cable television company be removed as a corporate sponsor for Wednesday's Gophers football kickoff luncheon in St. Paul.

In the letter, which was obtained by the Star Tribune, Comcast's Twin Cities Region Vice President Bill Wright wrote that the decision was made "in light of reported plans by the Big Ten Network and Fox Sports to encourage Comcast customers to disconnect their service in favor of DirecTV, which is owned by the parent company of Fox."

Wright also wrote that because Minnesota is a member of the Big Ten Conference, "our financial support and sponsorship of upcoming University and Big Ten events is being withdrawn."
"

:eek: Yikes! It's starting to get personal now!
Good...if Comcast and Dish Network won't give their customers BTN, then I say drop 'em and tell the millions of fans across the country to go with DirecTV.

Looks like nothing is getting done between BTN and local cable.

The Columbus Dispatch : Big Ten Network, cable in standoff

"No agreement has been finalized at this stage, and I can't really predict whether one will get done. I have not been given any indication that we are close," said Judy Barbao, spokeswoman for Time Warner, central Ohio's largest cable provider.

Officials from Insight and WOW, the two other cable providers in central Ohio, likewise said negotiations continue. "But (we) don't see any change in progress," said Scott Neesley, senior vice president of WOW Ohio.

U caught up in feud between Comcast, Big Ten Network

"The showdown between the Big Ten Network and Comcast continues to escalate, and the St. Paul Area Chamber of Commerce is caught in the middle with one of its events.

Comcast officials sent a letter to St. Paul Chamber and University of Minnesota officials last week requesting that the cable television company be removed as a corporate sponsor for Wednesday's Gophers football kickoff luncheon in St. Paul.

In the letter, which was obtained by the Star Tribune, Comcast's Twin Cities Region Vice President Bill Wright wrote that the decision was made "in light of reported plans by the Big Ten Network and Fox Sports to encourage Comcast customers to disconnect their service in favor of DirecTV, which is owned by the parent company of Fox."

Wright also wrote that because Minnesota is a member of the Big Ten Conference, "our financial support and sponsorship of upcoming University and Big Ten events is being withdrawn."
"

Wow, this is digusting. I can't believe how ridiculously low this p*ssing match has gone. Both sides should be ashamed of how they've put the customers last. I understand that business is business and negotiations are part of it but geez.

I went out and bought 2 Directv HD DVRs yesterday (I already had an HD receiver and Dish installed August 1). Once I get the multiswitch on Weds., I will be ending my 3 year tenure with Dish. Too bad, because I liked alot of what they had to offer. I hope for the Big Ten fans that E* gets a deal done with BTN; I hope for those against their current position that it is in the sports tier. Good luck to all!

I went out and bought 2 Directv HD DVRs yesterday (I already had an HD receiver and Dish installed August 1). Once I get the multiswitch on Weds., I will be ending my 3 year tenure with Dish. Too bad, because I liked alot of what they had to offer. I hope for the Big Ten fans that E* gets a deal done with BTN; I hope for those against their current position that it is in the sports tier. Good luck to all!

I'm on the phone right now with D*. I gave E* until today to get BTN. Like you, I loved E*, but what's an tOSU alum supposed to do?

I would say it was probably the last straw, not just this situation.
I know that I love all of the HD programming with E*, but now I realize that the BTN is a MAJOR issue with me, and the HD programming is all re-runs any more. I'm give E* two more weeks.
I was going to switch before the Iowa Syracuse game on 9-8-07, but a friend of mine just score tickets to the game.
Can't get more High Def than that!

Go to a bar. I'm sorry but to drop Dish because of a crappy channel like BTN is absolutely crazy.

Might not feel that it is a "crappy" channel when 2/3s of the conference basketball games on the BTN. Oh wait, you went to Penn State. Never mind. :D

At&t Btn?

Check out this link, it is a short article from Purdue Univ. saying how complicated Comcast has made this dealing, typical comcast lying to their customers. But check out the last few sentences, they make reference to ATT and D* carrying the station....could this be true?

Purdue University Academics

Check out this link, it is a short article from Purdue Univ. saying how complicated Comcast has made this dealing, typical comcast lying to their customers. But check out the last few sentences, they make reference to ATT and D* carrying the station....could this be true?

Purdue University Academics

Yes, it is true, but not the way you think. AT&T's attempt at FiOS, U-Verse, has BTN as part of their lineup.

Ok folks,

Tomorrow is almost finally here.....

The debut of the Big Ten Network on D* (and U-Verse) is Thursday at 7pm. It has been reported that you can find BTN on channel 220 on D*. However there has been no mention of the HD channel. Any one have any details on the channel location of the BTN-HD?

Ok folks,

Tomorrow is almost finally here.....

The debut of the Big Ten Network on D* (and U-Verse) is Thursday at 7pm. It has been reported that you can find BTN on channel 220 on D*. However there has been no mention of the HD channel. Any one have any details on the channel location of the BTN-HD?

I don't think the HD channels will be available until September 15th. I thought I heard that on here before. The only thing available will be SD.

If you want to talk about the Big ten channel on Directv, go over to that forum, This is the dish network forum, and it already hurts me enough I wont see all my buckeyes games this year, now you are rubbing it in my face....all future posts that pertain to directv only will be erased as spam/off topic, thanks for understanding.

Yep, SD to start on D*, but SD is better than the NO-D we get on E*

luckily for me, my Gophers only have one road game in September, so i guess I can go find an establishment with D* to see that game, I will be at the rest of them. October/November is another story... only 3 home games and 4 on the road, and none of them seem to be good chances of being NOT on B10, with the exception of @Michigan.

Yep, SD to start on D*, but SD is better than the NO-D we get on E*

luckily for me, my Gophers only have one road game in September, so i guess I can go find an establishment with D* to see that game, I will be at the rest of them. October/November is another story... only 3 home games and 4 on the road, and none of them seem to be good chances of being NOT on B10, with the exception of @Michigan.

My Hawks only have one game scheduled on the BTN. Fortunately it is a home game against Syracuse and I will be there. I am waiting it out another couple weeks but if not on by basketball season I will have to reluctantly change.

B10 Network

I just called Directv and they will give me a $100 credit to help offset the $185 fee to break with Dish. Additionally, Directv will give me $50 if I use a customer referral and also add on any online specials when phoning for service. The stinker is that I still need to pay $199 for the HD DVR box lease, but that might be worth it to guarantee seeing Big 10 games this fall and basketball all winter. I guess just ponying up the extra $199 versus spending $80-100 at the bar for each game (at least 3 total for the Buckeyes this fall) on B10Network seems like a no-brainer to me at this point.

Guys are you for real, DONT FILL THIS THREAD WITH DIRECTV TALK!

I am going to let the posts go for now, but PLEASE dont fill this all with Directv talk, I want B10 on E* only please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Big 10 Network on 439!

How can I tell if my dish is grounded properly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)