Big Ten Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep, DirecTV appears to be the only major satellite provider to realize that the Big Ten Networks national collegiate sports channel needs to be available to all basic level subscribers. I would gladly trade Spike, Sci-Fi, CNN, Food, and a dozen more bandwidth wasters for BTN. Just another compelling reason for al a carte.

Yep, DirecTV appears to be the only major satellite provider to realize that the Big Ten Networks national collegiate sports channel needs to be available to all basic level subscribers. I would gladly trade Spike, Sci-Fi, CNN, Food, and a dozen more bandwidth wasters for BTN. Just another compelling reason for al a carte.

Same here!

Go to a bar. I'm sorry but to drop Dish because of a crappy channel like BTN is absolutely crazy.

Since you live in Westerville and have PSU in your tag, I already suspect you are a confused lad. Check out my location, and then please tell me what "bar" in my area is going to be showing an Ohio State game on a rogue network at 11am. Good luck with your search and let me know what you find. Not to mention, I can't go to a "bar" every night of Big Ten hoops season. Any other rationale?

I think JayPSU is on the right track. I live in Westerville and definitely don't support OSU. I'm actually really enjoying the uproar here over two games not being on tv. JayPSU - you're not confused at all.

I think JayPSU is on the right track. I live in Westerville and definitely don't support OSU. I'm actually really enjoying the uproar here over two games not being on tv. JayPSU - you're not confused at all.

Ummm, they are on tv. Not to mention, if you are a PSU fan you are in the same boat. Plus, coming from Corey Feldman....

We'll see... I'm not sold that the national following is as big as you want to believe. Yes, I know that there are B10 grads all over the country, but there are grads from every conference all over the country. That doesn't mean they are big sports fans or that they care to see more than the top games their team plays.

I'm a big OSU fan, but I don't care to spend more money to see them beat up on the sisters of the poor. I'll just watch the games on free TV or on one of the ESPN networks as they are bound to be more interesting games anyway.

Yep, DirecTV appears to be the only major satellite provider to realize that the Big Ten Networks national collegiate sports channel needs to be available to all basic level subscribers.
What do you expect? Direct is a partner in BTN. A deal I bet they are starting to regret.

I just called Directv and they will give me a $100 credit to help offset the $185 fee to break with Dish. Additionally, Directv will give me $50 if I use a customer referral and also add on any online specials when phoning for service. The stinker is that I still need to pay $199 for the HD DVR box lease, but that might be worth it to guarantee seeing Big 10 games this fall and basketball all winter. I guess just ponying up the extra $199 versus spending $80-100 at the bar for each game (at least 3 total for the Buckeyes this fall) on B10Network seems like a no-brainer to me at this point.

Yep after this offer to a new sub,I`d say your right D* is no doubt regretting getting the BTN. "NOT " !!

Ummm, they are on tv. Not to mention, if you are a PSU fan you are in the same boat. Plus, coming from Corey Feldman....

Corey Feldman says, "Ummm, they're on Directv. That's a bit different. I bet the bars are loving the fact that they're going to take all of the buckeye fans money. If they didn't schedule a bunch of pansies, they'd be on national tv every week and you wouldn't have this problem."

All big 10 teams must be on the b10 network a certain minimum number of times, so its not whether anyone is playing a patsy or not. Glad to hear that D* is throwing bones to those that want to switch for B10, once they get the HD up and running I just may have to look into it before my contract is up...

Yep after this offer to a new sub,I`d say your right D* is no doubt regretting getting the BTN. "NOT " !!
It's called advertising revenue. Which there won't be a lot of with such limited viewership.

It's called advertising revenue. Which there won't be a lot of with such limited viewership.

Yes on that part I do agree,the less people watching the less seeing of said commercials and advertising would no doubt be a correct assumption.I thought you meant D* was outright losing money already and the network has not even premiered yet.Also I meant to add to my last post but failed to do so was if you told the CSR that they were leaving E* and looking to come on board with D* they may sweeten the pot a little more with incentives for potential new subs.

Corey Feldman says, "Ummm, they're on Directv. That's a bit different. I bet the bars are loving the fact that they're going to take all of the buckeye fans money. If they didn't schedule a bunch of pansies, they'd be on national tv every week and you wouldn't have this problem."

That's about as ridiculous as the "Two Coreys." :p

Big Ten overflow games

Now this is why I think it's worth getting.....
Come on DISH step up.....

Direct Tv announces overflow games for this Saturday
12:00 p.m. EDT
Appalachian State at Michigan (Ch. 220 - Primary Game)
Youngstown State at Ohio State (Ch. 218 - Overflow Game)
Northeastern at Northwestern (Ch. 219 - Overflow Game)
Florida International at Penn State (Ch. 221 - Overflow Game)

8:00 p.m. EDT
Bowling Green at Minnesota (Ch. 220 - Primary Game)
Indiana State at Indiana (Ch. 218 - Overflow Game)

I just hope Charlie isnt waiting until either Time Warner or Comcast make an agreement before he will sign on... but i have a feeling it will take one of those 2 to sign up to carry B10 before he does.

I just hope Charlie isnt waiting until either Time Warner or Comcast make an agreement before he will sign on... but i have a feeling it will take one of those 2 to sign up to carry B10 before he does.

If BTN offers up the right price or changes their demands of being in the most basic package I'm sure he'll sign on...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)