Big Ten Network

IlliniChuck

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Where are all the alternate channels? I have AT250 and the Sports Package, but no other alternate games. I am only getting the OSU game now and would like to watch other games too.

I have DISH LATINO MAX

Here is my programming:
5440 Akron Wisc
5441 Maine Iowa
5442 W KY Indiana
5443 Coas Carolina Penn ST

Big Ten Network missing?

I checked my guide and do not see ANY BigTen network channels and I am paying for AT250 programming. Per the dishnetwork.com channel lineup I should have it, but a reboot of the receiver and a check switch have not done anything for the channel showing up in my guide. Anyone else having this issue??

--DD73

No, I am not but this channel was available to me last season and seems to have recently disappeared from my channel guide. Having gone to OSU and moving to the southwest it was nice addition to my E* service when it was first launched.

Is this now ONLY available to the regional audiences as it certainly is in my channel lineup on the dishnetwork page???

--DD73

Yes, it's an rsn as of march 2008. You must be in a Big Ten state to get it with your standard pack.

You will need the $5.99 multi sports pack to get it.

No, I am not but this channel was available to me last season and seems to have recently disappeared from my channel guide. Having gone to OSU and moving to the southwest it was nice addition to my E* service when it was first launched.

Is this now ONLY available to the regional audiences as it certainly is in my channel lineup on the dishnetwork page???

--DD73

When Dish added BTN, it was in free preview to everyone. It ended in sometime in June (most didn't notice since no current games were on), if you are not in a state which has a Big Ten University (some parts of those state also do not get BTN) you need to order the MultiSports package to get it back.

Yes, it's an rsn as of march 2008. You must be in a Big Ten state to get it with your standard pack.

You will need the $5.99 multi sports pack to get it.

Hmm, what all do I get for 5.99 per month other then BTN?

--DD73

As a side note I think its pretty crappy they dont include this with the AT250 package. I am paying for just about everything but the movie and mexican channels as is.........

Hmm, what all do I get for 5.99 per month other then BTN?

--DD73

You'd get all of the Fox Sports and Comcast Sports networks (and others) from around the country, only subject to blackouts when MLB and other national games are on. In addition you'd get the NBA tv channel.

If you live in a Big Ten state, you would get it as part of your rsn. (Some areas not withstanding).

Good to know however I am entrenched quite deeply in a Big 12 location and the BTN was a breath of fresh air for me. Guess I have a decision to make if I want to pay Dish even more per month.......

--DD73

So the multi-sports package gets all rsns and big ten network? I though it only got your local rsn if your base package didn't inlude it.

If you receive the BTN channel on channel 439 (either you are in a Big Ten state OR you have purchased the Sports Pack for $5.99/month, the 4 alternater games for the BTN in SD format are on Channels 5440, 5441, 5442, and 5443.

Good to know however I am entrenched quite deeply in a Big 12 location and the BTN was a breath of fresh air for me. Guess I have a decision to make if I want to pay Dish even more per month.......

--DD73

If you get the Multisport package you'll get the B10 network as well as all the Fox Sports Regionals that do on most weekends show some different games on a few of the regionals. I'm not even a Big 10 fan, and I think it's worth it. I wish the B12 would steal the idea and start their own network. Most Big 12 fans either had to pay $30 for PPV this weekend or their games weren't broadcast at all. Meanwhile Penn State fans get to watch their team play coastal Carolina in HD.... yes.. I am jealous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)