Big Ten to a Nine game schedule

Kudos to the Big Ten for going to the 9 Game conference Schedule.

The 9 Game Conference Schedule should be mandatory for BCS Inclusion.

In a perfect World it would be a 9 Game In Conference Schedule, One Out Of Conference Game against another BCS School, 1 Game against Non BCS Member but a member of the FBS Sub Divison, One game left to the schools discretion.

Ohio State fans are just really upset about the very good possibility of losing the Michigan game as their final game of the season.

(Not talking about you Jimbo, just fans in general)

I really can't understand WHY this would have to happen.
Someone has to be the last game of the year for them, it may as well be M.

As for playing two weeks in a row, that won't happen till M gets better, then, I don't know why the problems they are having.

All they need to do is make the CCG the second week after the last game, which would put it about the same time as the other conferences are.

Last game in the Big Ten is the last weekend in November, the next week is an off week and the week after that is the CCG.

Naw, I'll take Harbaugh over Miles any day of the week. It'll help out the NFL, putting more Tom Bradys into the pro game, and less of these "wildcat", spread Tebows.

I don't see that happening as Harbaugh is doing quite nicely out west, isn't he only in his second year out there ?

I can understand that. If we were split with auburn in different divisions and had to play them at another time....well the Iron Bowl would just be different. Id keep them in the same division if it were me for that simple reason.

However, I do see the allure of having them meet in the CCG. I can understand splitting them up and having the regular game earlier from a conference money standpoint.

I guess the closer comparison for a Bama fan is Tennessee. That is traditionally as big of a rivalry as the Barn. Playing it in October is still great, although we have not met in the CCG yet. But it would be sweet to do so.

I would GUESS, that M and OSU have finished 1-2 60% of the time.
Now that may not be the case right now, but I can see OSU and M playing for the title often, thats why they need to be in different divisions.
Even when one is in a down year they are poised to knock the other off, just to ruin what COULD have been.

Yeah, but then everyone would be scrambling to play Vanderbilt ;)

Sorry, but being BCS doesn't automatically make a team that much better.

BCS Teams are better by any measure out there Collectively.

Take out the Big East and it's substantially better.

As for Vandy point taken:)

As for the teams that get left out of the BCS, TOUGH!

Absolutely not interested in hearing their respective argumnets or talking points. Much akin to being the 65th team in the NCAA tourney Pre Play in days.

Outside of that particular team's fandom, few if anyone cares.

I would be excited about this news and the addition of Nebraska to the Big Ten ranks if it weren't for one thing...Rich Rodriguez! This sack-of-shite is preparing to single handedly sink the Michigan football program and lead (if his dismal effot can be called leading) the team onward to yet another losing season. Of course, the Wolverines did not experience a losing season in the 40-years prior to his arrival...but I'm sure he'll blame Coach Carr and George Bush. :(

I was critical of the hiring of Dick-Rod since day 1. Now that the evidence is out there that this move was disastrous, I'm keeping my mouth shut. I'm almost feeling sorry for that State up North.

I was critical of the hiring of Dick-Rod since day 1. Now that the evidence is out there that this move was disastrous, I'm keeping my mouth shut. I'm almost feeling sorry for that State up North.

Oh no you don't HDMM .....

We gave them 13 years of John Cooper, now were getting it back, he has a long time left at M. :D
(wishful thinking, if he doesn't win 8 games this tear I think he's gone ... maybe Les Miles comes in ?)

Oh no you don't HDMM .....

We gave them 13 years of John Cooper, now were getting it back, he has a long time left at M. :D
(wishful thinking, if he doesn't win 8 games this tear I think he's gone ... maybe Les Miles comes in ?)
If Les Miles gets swept by Florida, Alabama, and Ole Miss again this year :mad:, then possibly. Of course Michigan would have to still want him.

Personally, I like the guy (Miles that is) and hope he makes my Cajun com padres happy again.

Icongeauxtigers.png

If Les Miles gets swept by Florida, Alabama, and Ole Miss again this year :mad:, then possibly. Of course Michigan would have to still want him.

Personally, I like the guy (Miles that is) and hope he makes my Cajun com padres happy again.

Icongeauxtigers.png

Well count on at least one of those.....ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Even if there is an off weekend in between, two games in a row between Ohio State and Michigan would lose something for me.

And if Oklahoma and Texas can share a division, Ohio State and Michigan can share a division.

Sandra

It most definitely would. They will move the game earlier into the schedule. There are way too many reasons to split these two into opposite divisions, the most compelling being MONEY! The biggest point besides that would be keeping the battle for the Rose Bowl between these two. (it may be a few years another coach until that happens).

I don't see that happening as Harbaugh is doing quite nicely out west, isn't he only in his second year out there ?

This will be his 4th season as head coach, he's contracted until the 2014 season.

If Michigan offered him a multi-million dollar contract, he would have no reason to leave Stanford for that next NFL coaching job. Unless, that's what he truly wanted to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)