Bigger Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thesmith7

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Need some help in regard to getting a bigger Dish to receive the new 129 spots. Currently i am just outside the spot beam...I can pick up the spot but only with a signal strength of between 5-15.

My question is can I swap out my current dish on my roof and install a bigger one to improve my signal strength? Does anyone have experience in this? If so can anyone recommend where to get a dish and can I reuse the LNB I currently have or do i need a whole new setup.

Thanks!

Need some help in regard to getting a bigger Dish to receive the new 129 spots. Currently i am just outside the spot beam...I can pick up the spot but only with a signal strength of between 5-15.

My question is can I swap out my current dish on my roof and install a bigger one to improve my signal strength? Does anyone have experience in this? If so can anyone recommend where to get a dish and can I reuse the LNB I currently have or do i need a whole new setup.

Thanks!
I increased all my signal strengths on a D500 61.5 satellite by going to a wineguard 30 inch dish from SolidSignal.com. Yes, the lnb will fit. In your case you may need a 36 inch. They do not have a 36 inch dish at solid signal, but do a search for 36 inch dish network dish and it will probably lead to a source. My strength went up 20-30 dbs depending on transponder.

Thanks!

with only 5-15 signal level i dont think bigger dish will help that much
if you had a 30-40 signal then you may have a shot

but i feel your numbers are far too low, imho a bigger dish will improve this but wont provide reliable reception

Thanks for the advice. If I can find a bigger dish for a reasonable price I think I will give it a try and see what happens.

Can anyone tell me if I do find a generic 39" dish would I have to modify it to make it work or could I just transfer my lnb adaptor and lnb to the new dish? I currently am using a DPP LNB.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)