Bigger Dish

thesmith7

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Need some help in regard to getting a bigger Dish to receive the new 129 spots. Currently i am just outside the spot beam...I can pick up the spot but only with a signal strength of between 5-15.

My question is can I swap out my current dish on my roof and install a bigger one to improve my signal strength? Does anyone have experience in this? If so can anyone recommend where to get a dish and can I reuse the LNB I currently have or do i need a whole new setup.

Thanks!

Need some help in regard to getting a bigger Dish to receive the new 129 spots. Currently i am just outside the spot beam...I can pick up the spot but only with a signal strength of between 5-15.

My question is can I swap out my current dish on my roof and install a bigger one to improve my signal strength? Does anyone have experience in this? If so can anyone recommend where to get a dish and can I reuse the LNB I currently have or do i need a whole new setup.

Thanks!
I increased all my signal strengths on a D500 61.5 satellite by going to a wineguard 30 inch dish from SolidSignal.com. Yes, the lnb will fit. In your case you may need a 36 inch. They do not have a 36 inch dish at solid signal, but do a search for 36 inch dish network dish and it will probably lead to a source. My strength went up 20-30 dbs depending on transponder.

Thanks!

with only 5-15 signal level i dont think bigger dish will help that much
if you had a 30-40 signal then you may have a shot

but i feel your numbers are far too low, imho a bigger dish will improve this but wont provide reliable reception

Thanks for the advice. If I can find a bigger dish for a reasonable price I think I will give it a try and see what happens.

Can anyone tell me if I do find a generic 39" dish would I have to modify it to make it work or could I just transfer my lnb adaptor and lnb to the new dish? I currently am using a DPP LNB.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts