WRAL, losing signal, bright sunny day

zim2dive

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Cary, NC
I've gotten a "lost signal" message twice now during the NCSU game on WRAL (6466) .. if 65F with not a cloud in the sky ?!!?!

All I have to do is channel up (to another local ch) and right back down and it comes back.. anyone else?

Do you run any other HDMI Item though your tv. like i have a ps3 that uses another hdmi cable completely on another port on the tv but when i switch to the ps3 via tv remote i start getting this problem but if i press and hold power button on the dvr and restart it it goes away til i run the ps3 again

Do you run any other HDMI Item though your tv. like i have a ps3 that uses another hdmi cable completely on another port on the tv but when i switch to the ps3 via tv remote i start getting this problem but if i press and hold power button on the dvr and restart it it goes away til i run the ps3 again

I have 3 HDMI inputs on my TV.

You are suggesting a *different* HDMI on the *TV* is affecting reception on my *622* ?? (that would be wacked)

Thats what i think it is and i can reproduce it everytime i try just that. I think its a software glitch maybe some how the dvr dont know what to do when signal is lost when switching between the HDMI's

Thats what i think it is and i can reproduce it everytime i try just that. I think its a software glitch maybe some how the dvr dont know what to do when signal is lost when switching between the HDMI's

Huh? My TV is set to the HDMI input from the DVR and has stayed that way.

could of days ago i switch to HDMI2 on my tv and watched a movie on my ps3 switched it back after movie and problem started back to HDMI1 and everytime i get into something on the DVR thats when i start having problems. thats all i know. This happens each and every time.

If Dish isn't getting a direct feed from WRAL (not sure how that part works), you could be seeing what other people have seen with WRAL's OTA signal which is still not at full strength, and will not be until the end of February at the earliest.

Ted

If Dish isn't getting a direct feed from WRAL (not sure how that part works), you could be seeing what other people have seen with WRAL's OTA signal which is still not at full strength, and will not be until the end of February at the earliest.

Ted

I've never seen this happen before... and I did just add an OTA timer for one of the PBS subchannels, and that timer did experience a lot of signal interruption (since PBS is the only local we have that doesn't come from the same antenna farm as everything else which my antenna is aimed for), and the OTA timer was during the early part of the game....the coincidences line up pretty well.

On the other hand, I don't watch any(?) CBS, so I guess its not a fair statement when I say "I've never seen this happen before" :) so that could be it.

Given how NCSU played yesterday, its a shame the signal didn't stay lost :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts