Low Band: 10.7 ~ 11.7 GHz
High Band: 11.7 ~ 12.75 GHz
L.O. Frequency
Low Band: 9.75 GHz
High Band: 10.6 GHz

Output
Low Band: 950 ~ 1950 MHz
High Band: 1100 ~ 2150 Mhz
Noise Figure High/Low Band: 0.3 dB ( Typical )

Conversion Gain
50 dB ( Minimum )

Band Switching
Low Band: 0 KHz
High Band: 22 Khz

It is pretty much your standard fare universal LNBF except for the low 0.3 NF rating. The neck is the standard 40mm size. The body of the LNBF collapes to expose the F connectors. Once they are connected, the cover slides back down protecting the connections from the elements. I thought this was a neat alternative to the rubber boots. The LNBF comes Boxed in a fairly heavy cardboard box which the ebay seller I bought it from wrapped in paper and tape and shipped to me just like that. While there was no packing material at all in the box to make the LNB's ride any more pleasant, it arrived in good condition from Austria to Phoenix, AZ.

This is my first and as of right now 'only' Ku LNBF so I don't have anything to compare it to. It has worked out great for me paired with my 36" x 26" Primestar dish.

I picked this LNBF up mostly due to the good price. Even with International shipping and the Euro --> US conversion It cost me about $34 to my door from SATKiwi on ebay. The LNB arrived within a week of the end of the ebay auction!

Strengths:
Inexpensive if you catch the non buy-it-now auction.
0.3 NF
Popular in Europe
Fast Shipping from the ebay seller.
The Twin version has a cool slide cover for the f-connectors.

Weaknesses:
Ships from overseas (mine took about a week)
No warranty Implied or Expressed (other than Voiding the warranty warning sticker on the LNB itself).
No spec / test sheet like the Invacom has.

Manufacturer Website:
http://www.golden-interstar.com

Last edited:
Shawn,
Does it seem like you can pickup some channels that others have trouble with because of the .3 on this? I have a .5 now, and for $34, a .3 sure would be nice.

Somebody get this guy a Invacom so he can compare!!

I'm not sure. It's tough to compare unless you have the same reciever etc. I seem to get REALLY good quality from G10R as compared to most people on here. G10R is also really high in the sky for me so it may not be a fair comparison :). I do see 58w (PAS9) though 148w (Echo 1/2) without issue. I don't get that Virgin Islands NBC off AMC 4 though.

<edit>Just wanted to add - $34 was for a Twin one - the singles are a bit cheaper - like $25 when it's all said and done.</edit>

<edit2>I'll pick up an Invacom one of these days.</edit2>

Howdy Chaps

Invacom Ha !! I have tested the Invacom range and have found the low band no better than any low priced 0.6-0.7 db LNB high band is a little tighter but noway 0.3 :eek:

I have used the Bigsat range for about 2 years as the neck length allows the use of a multi LNB holder where as the Interstar ranges neck is to short.

YES IM THE SAME SATKIWI :)

warranty

No warranty Implied or Expressed

All European sold electronic components have a 24 month warranty as Standard, Im sure if your LNB dies within 5 years we would still replace it free of charge plus postage.

SATKIWI said:
Invacom Ha !! I have tested the Invacom range and have found the low band no better than any low priced 0.6-0.7 db LNB high band is a little tighter but noway 0.3 :eek:

Which may be fine in Aus/EU where the low band is used.
99% of the programming over here is on high band (11.70-12.75GHz)

Edit: There's a good reason the Invacom are slightly more expensive and popular, their build quality and performance reports have spread via word of mouth and via reviews, before this thread I never heard of BigSat.
I'm not decrying the Bigsat LNBs as I've never even seen one but you can't knock the Invacoms.

I've purchased 2 Big Sat 0.3 units from SatKiwi. I can honestly say that 'on my gear' they slightly outperform the Invacom units. Overall quality readings are about the same, but where they seem to have a slight advantage is on weaker / low symbol rate carriers, mainly in the atlantic region. The stability factor seems slightly better in the Big Sat lnbs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)