Bill Belichick wants to eliminate the extra point after a TD...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If it wasn't for the 2-point conversion I wouldn't mind getting rid of the extra point kick. But now that we have the 2-point in the NFL, I say keep it, as strategy is involved now in whether to kick or try for the 2.

What would they rename the Punt, Pass & Kick program? Pass, Pass & Pass ? :D

I must of missed were he said get rid of the punt or field goals, let alone totally eliminating extra points. The idea was to make it more of a challenge with a 32-37 yard extra point.

If it wasn't for the 2-point conversion I wouldn't mind getting rid of the extra point kick. But now that we have the 2-point in the NFL, I say keep it, as strategy is involved now in whether to kick or try for the 2.
My sentiments exactly!

My thinking is, what Belichick is saying is that IF you are gonna have 99% of the kicks end up being touchbacks AND if you are worried about that injury during kick offs, why not give the team the option of saying, "here, take it on the 20 yard line.....".

Maybe I am wrong...but that what it sounds like he is telling the league.
They do that in the CFL. You can take a kickoff or start at the 35 yard line

First off I have no respect for Belli-cheat and secondly I don't think they should get rid of the extra point since they have the 2 point conversion plus kickers do miss sometimes.

As far as the kickoffs go they will change it back next year if too many kickoffs end up as touchbacks.

cosmo_kramer said:
I know, but my point was that more touchbacks were expected, so there should be no surprise for the league brass...

I think if enough fans, teams and players complain they would change it.

I think Belichick's comments were said tongue in cheek, meaning, if your gonna do away with KO's you may as well do away with extra points too.

Remember, he was asked about this, he didn't bring it up himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts