Bill Strangeness

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
OK, this was my bill this month... Ive not heard of any price/package changes (my receievers have not changed, nor any package changes either... have a 622 and 722) ... can anyone make heads of this?

Oct 07 - Nov 06

DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
Leased Receiver Fee 7.00
GoldHD with PlatinumHD 20.00
Digital Home Advantage America's Everything Pak with Locals 99.98
Total: $126.98

This section shows any changes that have been made to your account since your last bill.

Aug 28 - Oct 06
Leased Receiver Fee -9.10
Leased Receiver Fee 9.10
Digital Home Plan with America's Everything Pak 1 Receiver, Locals -136.47
Digital Home Advantage America's Everything Pak with Locals 129.96

Total $-6.51

It just looks like they Charged you another lease fee by mistake and just gave you a credit back. And the reason its 9.10 is because they prorate the fees if the service is covers more then 30 days. Augest 28-Oct. 6 is 41 days . Thats why its 9.10 instead of $7 . But like I said it most likly a mistake, and they caught it. I wouldn't worry.

It just looks like they Charged you another lease fee by mistake and just gave you a credit back. And the reason its 9.10 is because they prorate the fees if the service is covers more then 30 days. Augest 28-Oct. 6 is 41 days . Thats why its 9.10 instead of $7 . But like I said it most likly a mistake, and they caught it. I wouldn't worry.

but what about these two lines:

That's some strange billing.

but what about these two lines:

That's some strange billing.

Thats what I was talking about.... It looks to be about 5 bucks cheaper a month and it changed from "Plan" to "Advantage"

The digital home plan was the big promo package before dha, it included a $5 charge for "insurance" for all the receivers, similar to what dhpp is now. When I worked there it was a breeze to get these customers into a dish'n it up promo since they could save $5 with dual tuner like everyone else but also after the upgrade they weren't part of dhp any longer, saving an additional $5.

The prorated credit of -6.51 is due to them removing dhp and making your receiver based on the dha promo. Under dhp the $5 charge was mandatory, with dha we have the dhpp option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts