Billing issue -have email - told I must write a letter to fix!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
I never heard of such garbage! I ordered DireTV first time 3 months ago. I have yet to see my referral credit on my bill. I called today and guy said he does not see anything on my initial order about it. He then said he cant fix it and I must write a letter to HQ's.

Here:
directv
po box 6550
greenwood village, coloroda 80155-6550

So, I ask for a supervisor. Ryan comes onto phone. He states same thing and basically does not believe my email I have confirming my order that shows the referral discount. I told him I will forward you the email I received from direcTV. He said I can not.

So, I now have to write a letter and will also send email to customer service.

I told Ryan I now know why you have a F for BBB rating. He said it is because we dont 'pay' the BBB for a subscription. I have no idea what that means.

In any case, Ill more than likely be cancelling my sub in 2 years.

Below is my EMAIL confirmation showing Referral.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Please make sure to review the customer agreement of your order.
spacer.gif
Order Date: 2/03/10

spacer.gif
Order Confirmation Number:

Account Number:

spacer.gif
pepod_onlineconf_horz.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
pepod_onlineconf_triangle.jpg
Your Programming Selection, Special Offers & Services
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
CHOICE XTRA $60.99 Bill Credit for 12 Months ($21.00) Bill Credit for 12 Months ($5.00) HD Access $10.00 DVR Service $6.00 Ongoing DVR Monthly Credit ($1.00) SHOWTIME UNLIMITED $12.99 Starz Super Pack $12.99 FREE for 3 Months: SHOWTIME and Starz ($24.00) Watch More Save More ($1.98) Referral Credit for 10 Months ($10.00) Lease Fee $15.00 Lease Fee Discount (1st receiver) ($5.00)
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Estimated First Bill Amount: $49.99
spacer.gif
Estimated first bill amount does not include sales tax.

Here is the letter that will be mailed:
I have not received my referral credit. I have a confirmation email showing clearly my referral credit for 10 months. However, when I called your customer service they said they have no record of any email or my referral credit. They informed me the only way to follow up is to write head quarters. I spoke with John who I then requested to speak to a supervisor. Ryan the Account Supervisor informed me that I am not supposed to get any referral because they have no record of it.

So, included in this letter is a copy of my email. Please review and respond. I am not happy that I have to write a letter and basically be told on the phone that there is no record of my order.
I will not be renewing if my referral is not honored.
spacer.gif

Last edited:
If he got that as a confirmation all a rep really has to do is very in Order system that the there was reffer a friend info ente which it should show based on that email and then an Escaltion Under Actionvation Offer ---> Referal Credit to have account managment correct the issue.

If he got that as a confirmation all a rep really has to do is very in Order system that the there was reffer a friend info ente which it should show based on that email and then an Escaltion Under Actionvation Offer ---> Referal Credit to have account managment correct the issue.

Can you fix it or him?

Send an email to this address......

ellen.filipiak@directv.com

VP of Customer Service will get stuff done.

Using that email address should be use only as a last resort ...

This really is something you should be able to do with regular customer service / supervisor

This is also how email addresses get changed. Is when they are use for ever little tiny thing .

Usuall I had had great sucess with customer here when I tell them what has to be done and they relay to the csr they are talking too.

I received a response back from "directvcustomercare@directv.com" stating below. So I guess they will honor it after all. So it looks like I wont be calling anyone with issues, rather I will be sending an email to support instead. I still have a sour taste on how I was treated by not only the rep who initially took my call, but then his supervisor. In any case, Im still not convinced I will get it. I am still clueless how they do not have any record of the confirmation email of my entire ORDER!! How can that be possible?

EMAIL FROM "directvcustomercare@directv.com"
Thank you for writing back. It is a pleasure to hear from one of our new customers. I hope you are enjoying your DIRECTV services. We appreciate you taking the time to respond with Mr. XXXs account information. Now that this has been provided, we are escalating your account information to our Promotions department to determine your eligibility. We ask that you please allow 10 to 14 business days for this process to complete. If you are approved, the credits should appear on your account within 1 to 2 billing cycles.

I received a response back from "directvcustomercare@directv.com" stating below. So I guess they will honor it after all. So it looks like I wont be calling anyone with issues, rather I will be sending an email to support instead. I still have a sour taste on how I was treated by not only the rep who initially took my call, but then his supervisor. In any case, Im still not convinced I will get it. I am still clueless how they do not have any record of the confirmation email of my entire ORDER!! How can that be possible?

EMAIL FROM "directvcustomercare@directv.com"
Thank you for writing back. It is a pleasure to hear from one of our new customers. I hope you are enjoying your DIRECTV services. We appreciate you taking the time to respond with Mr. XXXs account information. Now that this has been provided, we are escalating your account information to our Promotions department to determine your eligibility. We ask that you please allow 10 to 14 business days for this process to complete. If you are approved, the credits should appear on your account within 1 to 2 billing cycles.

We dont see emails we send out for order confirmations

We have two primary systems

Billing System

and

Order System

Some times he one does not always translate over to the other. When you called in they should over looked at the Order system to look up your order where they would of seen where customer infomration was entered then done the esclation to get it taken care of for you.

It is a shame that they told you to right to our billing dispute line.

Did you happen to get there id numbers by any chance?

I asked specifically for his ID# because at one point he told me my email could have altered in some way (nice, right?), and the Supervisor said we do not have ID#'s, rather I can only give you first names. He said his name was 'Ryan' - Account Supervisor. So, was that another load of cr*p too? If this helps, I called in yesterday around @ 3PM and dialed 1-800-531-5000 and said "Cancel Extra Innings" at the prompt.

I asked specifically for his ID# because at one point he told me my email could have altered in some way (nice, right?), and the Supervisor said we do not have ID#'s, rather I can only give you first names. He said his name was 'Ryan' - Account Supervisor. So, was that another load of cr*p too? If this helps, I called in yesterday around @ 3PM and dialed 1-800-531-5000 and said "Cancel Extra Innings" at the prompt.

Unfornatelly yes. PM me with the telephone number on the account and I llok up your account or account number and if they left any notes I be able to get there id numbers for you.

Your supposed to give your id number when requested. As I am really interested to see which call center there from.

Personally, this Rebate crap from DirecTV just gets to me. Why make the new customer jump through hoops to get something.. Why can't the discount be made automatic? Dish Networks seems to have no problem with their $15 off for the first year. DirecTV makes mad customers with the rebate problems it creates.

Personally, this Rebate crap from DirecTV just gets to me. Why make the new customer jump through hoops to get something.. Why can't the discount be made automatic? Dish Networks seems to have no problem with their $15 off for the first year. DirecTV makes mad customers with the rebate problems it creates.

I agree!

The company side of me says well the rebates are not hard to get as they really arent.

But

the common sense side of me says why cant we make it automatic it would save on at least 5% of our call volume

There was a slight hiccup regarding my rebates when I first joined D. However, it was quickly resolved via e-mail when customer service escalated my issue to the Promotions Department.

Thanks for writing. I see you're a new customer and I'd like to thank you for choosing DIRECTV as your programming provider, and I'll be happy to address your concern. I understand you were to have received your rebate credits on your first statement. I would like to apologize this did not happen. I was unable to find a specific reason as to what caused this to occur. However, I have escalated your account to our promotions department for further review. Please allow up to 10-14 business days for this review of your account to be made. Once this time frame has passed, you may contact us for an update.

I got my rebates very quickly once the Promotions Department got involved.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)