Billing problem

Tigress

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I signed up for Dish in March. I got the 200 package, Dish HD, and the free 3 months HBO. Since that time, I have ended up paying for HBO once, and it seems they are trying to charge me for it again this month. I called them to get it straightened out, and of course I couldn't get someone who spoke proper english. Difficult conversation. And then on top of it all, it says on my bill I am being charged for 2 premium packages. I only signed up for one. They claimed that since I had HBOHD, that was a totally separate premium channel. I didn't sign up for that either, its been nice, but still. I didn't know they considered that a totally separate premium package. It should all go together with the HD programming in my opinion.

New Monthly Charge(s)
clear.gif
06/26 to 07/25
clear.gif
$100 BACK CREDIT 1 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT-10.00
clear.gif
DHPP CREDIT 4 OF 18 - ADJUSTMENT-5.99
clear.gif
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP)5.99
clear.gif
DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $3.98!49.99
clear.gif
DISHHD WITH 2 PREMIUM PACKAGE40.00
clear.gif
HDBONUS CREDIT 1 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT-10.00
clear.gif
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE5.00
dark_spacer.gif
Account Charges $ 74.99

This is still about $30 dollars more than what I signed up for too!

Your bill looks exactly like mine as far as the programming fees.

I have the $40 premium fee:
$20 for HD
$10 for HBO
$10 for the AT250 addition to the Dish DVR Advantage

You sure they didnt set you up on at250?

Also, ive had good luck just emailing Dish CS. Email them and tell em you wanted your HBO canceled after the 3 free mo's and they should cut it off and refund you whatever charges for HBO after it was free.

I signed up for Dish in March. I got the 200 package, Dish HD, and the free 3 months HBO. Since that time, I have ended up paying for HBO once, and it seems they are trying to charge me for it again this month. I called them to get it straightened out, and of course I couldn't get someone who spoke proper english. Difficult conversation. And then on top of it all, it says on my bill I am being charged for 2 premium packages. I only signed up for one. They claimed that since I had HBOHD, that was a totally separate premium channel. I didn't sign up for that either, its been nice, but still. I didn't know they considered that a totally separate premium package. It should all go together with the HD programming in my opinion.

New Monthly Charge(s)
clear.gif
06/26 to 07/25
clear.gif
$100 BACK CREDIT 1 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT-10.00
clear.gif
DHPP CREDIT 4 OF 18 - ADJUSTMENT-5.99
clear.gif
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP)5.99
clear.gif
DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $3.98!49.99
clear.gif
DISHHD WITH 2 PREMIUM PACKAGE40.00
clear.gif
HDBONUS CREDIT 1 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT-10.00
clear.gif
PROGRAMMING ACCESS FEE5.00
dark_spacer.gif
Account Charges $ 74.99

This is still about $30 dollars more than what I signed up for too!

Are your three months free HBO up with the service beginning 6/26? If so you will have to cancel the HBO or you'll be billed for it, and remember, you are billed in advance. Also, I think Elwaylite is correct, you sound like you're being billed for AT250, not AT200. I think the cs rep is wrong about the HD HBO not being included in the three free months. Can you hook up a phone line to your receiver (is it a 622?), that will save you $5 a month. I would call tech support and see what they tell you, I've always found them to be more knowledgable and you're less likely to be talking to someone overseas. I think you're programming bill should be (before credits):
49.95 for AT200 under the dvr advantage, plus $20 for the HD pack, then the $5 charge (programming access) for not having a phone line plugged in.

Stan, youre right with charge he should be seeing.

You made a good point that I forgot to add. The OP needs to cancel HBO after 3mo's as they dont do it automatically.

I don't have regular phone service, only cellular. I signed up with AT200 with the local channels added on. The HBO may be done on 6/26, but the very first bill I got charged for it. I don't see any credits for it either. I emailed the ceo and I am waiting to see what is said. I also decided to dump HBO when the free period is up, and have added Showtime for the summer. Although, Fox Reality is supposed to be in the AT250 pack isn't it? I get that channel.

If you've been getting charged from the get go then they just did not put it in correctly. I have the HBO free for 3 and I have a $10 credit for that also.

I am unsure about Fox reality, BUT if you have NatGeoHD, then you have the AT250 and not the AT200.

Yepp, you are on the AT250 then.

The $40 breakdown:

$20 HD
$10 HBO
$10 At250 upgrade(counts as a premium)

heres my bill:

Dish DVR $49.99
DHPP $5.99
DishHD and 2 Premium $40

Pick your premium -$10 (for free 90 day HBO)
DHPP Credit -$5.99

I have the HBO rebate and the other rebate ($20 total) that will start this month.

The guy on the phone told me that HBO HD is a separate premium channel. He also said that I had the AT200 package when he had my account pulled up. So, I don't know what is going on, other than I am going broke paying this much for television. I only got the AT200 pack for FX and Rescue Me. If they would put this channel on the next package down, I would switch that too. My perfect tv setup would be a complete alacarte system. Pick and pay as you want.

The guy on the phone told me that HBO HD is a separate premium channel. He also said that I had the AT200 package when he had my account pulled up. So, I don't know what is going on, other than I am going broke paying this much for television. I only got the AT200 pack for FX and Rescue Me. If they would put this channel on the next package down, I would switch that too. My perfect tv setup would be a complete alacarte system. Pick and pay as you want.

My understanding is that you get the hd channel (eg., hbo, showtime, max, etc) included with whatever premium movie channels you subscribe to and since you get the hbo for three months free, you shouldn't be charged for the hd channel.
Call and speak to another rep, or a supervisor. Are you still getting National Geographic? If so, they are still dinging your account for AT250.
When I see pigs (or cows, or any large animal) flying, I know that ala carte will be an option:D
Also, on your bills prior to 6/26, did they by chance charge you the $10 for hbo, then credit the $10 on the same bill?

That is correct. You only get the premium HD of whatever you subscribe to. If you dont subscribe to HBO, SHowtime, etc... you dont get the HD channel.

ANd if you have NtaGeoHD they have you set up on the AT250. Call back and get someone who knows what they are talking about. If they try and tell you that you have the AT200, ask them why you have NGHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)