Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
WTF is this?

PREMIUM SERVICE DISCONNECT FEE - Charge $10.00

I had HBO and Starz. DirecTV offered me Starz free for 6 months last time I called so I took it. I was paying $14 for HBO and realized I didn't want it for the summer so canceled HBO as I was getting Starz for free.

Why am I being billed a disconnect fee of $10 for dumping HBO when I had it for a long time? I am on Total Choice Plus (grandfathered) if that makes a difference.

Well I called and told them to take the charge off my account. At first she said her supervisor would only authorize 2 free months of Showtime with the charge still being billed. I told her no and told her again I wanted the charge removed from my account. After being on hold for 5 minutes she came back and said her supervisor would take the charge off and it would happen in the next 24 hours.

Since when do they need supervisor approval for something this simple?

Since it's part of your agreement with DirecTV.

DIRECTV - Customer Agreement

Specifically, these portions

(c) Your Programming Changes. You may change your programming selection by notifying us. A fee may apply to such changes (described in Sections 2 & 5(b)). Some programming may be purchased in minimum blocks of one month or multiples of one month.

(5) Change of Service Fee: If you change your Service package to a lower-priced package, we may charge you a fee the lesser of (i) up to $10.00 or (ii) the maximum amount permitted by applicable law.

I would have been more inclined to pay had the rep told me when he was canceling my HBO. He didn't even mention it and I have DirecTV for years. I don't know what is all in the agreement.

They only charge you if you downgraded with in 1 month of adding a new service. I've never seen them charge for anyother reason. E* does this when ever you downgrade at all.

If you added Starz before you cancelled your HBO,Thats why you got charged $10 Anytime you add a New premium you can't downgrade any premium for 30 days. If you Canceled HBO first ,then added Starz, or Said if I add Starz then I'm dropping HBO right that second, there would have been no charge. It doesn't go by when you added a certain Premium, It goes by when you add ANY premium. so in 7 months when you want HBO back and don't want Starz make sure you either swap it online or drop Starz first,then Add HBO

DirecTV told me after my 6 free months of Starz it would automaticly cancel. They said there wouldn't be anything else needed to be done by me unless, I wanted to call them and add it back on and pay the normal monthly fee.

Well at least now I learned my lesson and will know for next time. My credit still hasn't appeared but, right now DirecTV's systems are down apparently.

DirecTV told me after my 6 free months of Starz it would automaticly cancel. They said there wouldn't be anything else needed to be done by me unless, I wanted to call them and add it back on and pay the normal monthly fee.

Well at least now I learned my lesson and will know for next time. My credit still hasn't appeared but, right now DirecTV's systems are down apparently.
If they said they would credit you ,it should appear instantly to your recent activitys on you online account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts