Billing Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
I am considering going to the auto payment with credit card. I thought I saw an offer for a $10.00 credit but when I got home and ready to switch I could not find the offer on the site.
I called a CSR who told me that when I signed up they would give me a credit BUT he could not point out anywhere that it was in writing, three questions.....

1. Has any one seen this offer, and could you point me to something in writing?

2. If I go to a reacquiring payment do they start taking my money on the due date or as soon as they post it three weeks earlier?

3. I have coupons for pay per view, the CSR had no idea how I could get credit for these

O and 4. Any opinions on using the reacquiring payment method. I am a little gun shy from my experiences with Voom.

1. Yes, this offer was if you signed up with a checking account, not a credit or debit card. I am not sure, but the offer could be over. As far as when it comes out of your account, I know with credit or debit cards, it comes out the day the bill prints. If you set it up with a checking account, then it comes out closer to the due date.

2. It starts taking it out on the next billing cycle, so you would still need to send a payment for this months bill.

3. Some of the pay per view coupons are mail in coupons that you either send with your payment, or by mailing in to the address on them. The other pay per view coupons are ones you call the special number on them, and then they give you a credit on your bill. If they are the ones that you call in, they may have a certain month they can be used it, so check them carefully. The coupon will say which they are.

4. Using the automatic payments isn't a bad thing, if you sign up with the credit or debit card, if you have a problem with the bill, it would have already come out of the account, whereas if you use the checking account, then you have a few days to get the bill corrected before it is withdrawn.

Kentstater72 said:
I am considering going to the auto payment with credit card. I thought I saw an offer for a $10.00 credit but when I got home and ready to switch I could not find the offer on the site.
I called a CSR who told me that when I signed up they would give me a credit BUT he could not point out anywhere that it was in writing, three questions.....
1. Has any one seen this offer, and could you point me to something in writing?
2. If I go to a reacquiring payment do they start taking my money on the due date or as soon as they post it three weeks earlier?
3. I have coupons for pay per view, the CSR had no idea how I could get credit for these
O and 4. Any opinions on using the reacquiring payment method. I am a little gun shy from my experiences with Voom.
Hey Kent,

I can't be trusted to pay my bills on time ;) so I've been on auto pay for quite some time. Lots easier!

1) Haven't seen the offer, so I can't comment.
2) They take the money on the bill date. So it hurts the first month.
3) I thought I saw something on the coupons saying just mail them in, but I don't remember for sure.
4) I can understand gun shy and a thought: use a recurring one-time credit card number that you can cancel if you want to turn it off. Also, you get the protection of your credit card co.

From time to time, I've had billing issues--but it didn't matter if I had autopay or not. And D* has always corrected it the problems. So go for it.

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts