Billing Update email- pluspacks?

dtilton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I just got an email from VOOM titled BILLING UPDATE. It thanked me for being a charter subscriber and asked me to choose my free pluspack. Now I've only had VOOM for about 2 weeks. I've yet to get a bill, but I did choose the basic $39.99 package. AM I still going to get a free pluspack? Anyone else get this email? Thanks. -Dan

dtilton,

That message was accidentally sent out to you. Charter subscribers are those who paid $700+ for their equipment.

You get the HD Marquee plus pack (to which future channels will be added) with the $39.90/mo package, but won't get your choice of plus pack like the original, charter subscribers who dished out all that money for equipment.

I too recieved that email so I immediately called VOOM... The first CSR transferred me to someone else. "You received our email?, Sure, no problem, which Plus Pack would you like to add?" "OK done!" I asked if I would be billed for this and the answer was NO this is free of charge" "Thank you for subscribing to Voom!"

Well hopefully this is all true. I will check and see when I get home! This offer was in all their literature before but when I called for subscribing they said it was expired.
I jumped on this email offer and they honored it...at least over the phone.

I just spent 35 minutes on hold with VOOM- gave up and emailed to choose a free plus pack, and asked for a confirmation. Hey- the worst they can do is say no, right?! I'll let you know what happens.

-Dan

Haven't heard anything yet from my email to customer support....hope I'm as lucky as you....:)

Hmmm...not so sure anymore!
I checked my account online and they HAVE billed me for the Plus Pack...I wrote a very strong email to Voom to see what gives.
I'll keep you posted on their answer.

I'm now PO'd...

I got that too, even though I am not a Charter member. I thought I'd give it a try but the CSR was too sharp, I couldn't slip it by him, darn!!!

Hmmm, they caught it...!!!

I received this email from VOOM...I am not a happy camper... :mad:

Response (David) - 03/31/2004 11:52 PM
Thank you for subscribing to VOOM,
I apologize for any miscommunication that has occurred. We recently sent an email out to our charter customers to inform them of their choices for programming. Reviewing your account I see that you are not one of our charter customers and are not eligible for a free plus pack. I understand their may be some confusion so I would like to advise you to give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM so we can straighten out your account. Thank you again for subscribing to VOOM - HDTV delivered.

Joseph Marquiss
VOOM Customer Support

What would you guys recommend? Should I call and be a PITA or just let it go? I feel like if it's their error then they should honor at least something, right?

truq,

You knew (or should have known, as you read this forum) that you were not a charter member, and were not entitled to a free plus pack. Courts have ruled that companies are not responsible for errors in their offers sent by email and over the web, and you won't find Dish or DirecTV honoring the special offers they submit by mistake.

That said, make sure you aren't charged for the few days you had the plus pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)