Bill's done with this site, guys- and he told me why

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was better about it back then?

Sandra

Threads like "behold the worst sportscaster ever" are the reason I believe things have changed for the worse. I'm not saying some of the discussions have not improved because I do think in some cases they have. You really didn't see threads like that before here. They were found at dbsforums.

Threads like "behold the worst sportscaster ever" are the reason I believe things have changed for the worse.

Remember vurbano's thread that mocked the Browns for losing to the Giants IN PRESEASON?

Threads like that, IMO, are what led to Bill's decision to leave.

The overall tone of the forum, and the topics. Just my opinion. I don't moderate this forum.

I'm not sure I understand. What tone exists now that didn't exist back then?

What topics did you like better back then?

Sandra

I've only been around for ~1 year, but I think the sports forum here is one of the best I've stumbled across on the net. I enjoy reading daily (and ocassionaly posting)

Take this thread as an example of how I personally feel as to both tone and to topic.

Personally I don't understand the need for this thread in the first place. If a guy has a problem with someone he should either ignore him, or leave. It shouldn't turn into a referendum.

But I agree this thread has taken a very nasty tone with people coming in and telling us one type of poster is more important than another, and people shouln't post if they have no ties to the satellite industry.

Now you have people coming on and making the tone nastier by telling us how much they liked the site before certain others joined it. I don't pay that close attention, but I would imagine those posts are coming from people who were around before April.

Then the funny thing is, the people who say they don't like the tone of threads are referring to this thread...where THEY are the ones making it nasty.

You guys should be politicians. :eek:

Sandra

He's my friend on this site.

I care about him a lot.

What's so wrong about that?
Nothing But he doesn't need you to defend him. He has a mouth and a computer. Your making this out way worse the it is. We all know the rules here ,If he found anything offensive he could reported it. Not send you out to deliver a message . Which still makes me wonder if Bill was just another guy with a mulitiple account at satellite guys. You seem to be defending this "bill" something wicked for something that sounds completely blown way out of porportion. I got a lot of friends here as well ,And I most certainly wouldn't use your childish tact.

Nothing But he doesn't need you to defend him. He has a mouth and a computer. Your making this out way worse the it is. We all know the rules here ,If he found anything offensive he could reported it. Not send you out to deliver a message . Which still makes me wonder if Bill was just another guy with a mulitiple account at satellite guys. You seem to be defending this "bill" something wicked for something that sounds completely blown way out of porportion. I got a lot of friends here as well ,And I most certainly wouldn't use your childish tact.

Now we have accusations of people using multiple accounts. :(

I vote this thread gets closed and we go back to talking about sports. People have agendas here, and it's only going to get worse.

Isn't this the sports forum? This thread should be moved to the 'Middle School Drama' forum.

Sandra

ditto on both.
Personally I don't understand the need for this thread in the first place. If a guy has a problem with someone he should either ignore him, or leave. It shouldn't turn into a referendum.

Sandra

Now we have accusations of people using multiple accounts. :(

I vote this thread gets closed and we go back to talking about sports. People have agendas here, and it's only going to get worse.

Isn't this the sports forum? This thread should be moved to the 'Middle School Drama' forum.

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts