Bill's done with this site, guys- and he told me why

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Bill sent me a private message that he is done with this site.

Looks like one of the members really got under his skin

Here's what it said:

Sabres, it's been a pleasure knowing you and talking sports with ya. You're a great guy and I wish you nothing but the best in life, my friend. :)

Tell the other "true blue" Sports Section members I said good-bye if they're wondering where I've been.
I feel absolutely shocked and devastated. Not that he's leaving (if you read the PM, I don't blame him), but that it was so sudden.

Bill is one of my dear friends on this site, a migrator from DBSForums along with me, Sandra, Sam, and David.

Vurbano, I hope you're proud of yourself. You just chased off a guy who I consider, along with HD MM, Sandra, ramy, and Jimbo, to be the backbone of this site.

As much as I disdained Sam and David's thoughts on the Big East and Texas Tech, at least they also posted things of substance.

I find it sadly ironic that his last game he saw as a member was last night's Pats loss. At least he got to see the Bruins beat the Canadiens.

Last edited by a moderator:
That really sucks. I considered Bill a backbone (along with you Sabres) of this site. He was a very good poster as well as a good guy all around. Man, this really sucks.

It's too bad that this vurbano guy is a Steelers fan, because he gives them a bad name.

That is awful, because the other members of this site who are fans of the Steelers (mccoy, cybok, risnuff) are classier.

I wish this was a trick but I guess not. I think this Vurbano killed me with all of his Phillies talk.

Bill sent me a private message that he is done with this site.

Looks like one of the members really got under his skin

Here's what it said:

I feel absolutely shocked and devastated. Not that he's leaving (if you read the PM, I don't blame him), but that it was so sudden.

Bill is one of my dear friends on this site, a migrator from DBSForums along with me, Sandra, Sam, and David.

Vurbano, I hope you're proud of yourself. You just chased off a guy who I consider, along with HD MM, Sandra, ramy, and Jimbo, to be the backbone of this site.

As much as I disdained Sam and David's thoughts on the Big East and Texas Tech, at least they also posted things of substance.

I find it sadly ironic that his last game he saw as a member was last night's Pats loss. At least he got to see the Bruins beat the Canadiens.

I don't understand, Sabres, when you said about reading the PM. What's the PM? Do you think Bill would reconsider? Maybe he needs a couple of days to cool off?

I've been there before , for the same reason, not the same person ....
I took some time off and came back.

Hopefully Bill will too.

Jimbo

Seems like much ado about nothing. Hopefully Bill will come back. He is one of the better members here.

IMO, this could be a crippling blow to this site's NBA thread. HD and I will have to pick up the slack.

No, somepin' ain't right here.

With all the bantering going on this site, I can't see Bill leaving just because one poster took a jab at him. Bill is too flexible to let that happen. Must be other reasons.

I've tried to run HD off several times, and dangit, he just won't leave. :D

It's too bad that this vurbano guy is a Steelers fan, because he gives them a bad name.

That is awful, because the other members of this site who are fans of the Steelers (mccoy, cybok, risnuff) are classier.
I am not a steelers fan. And lets get something straight about this little anti vurby thread you have created. Nice try, but if I ever say anything out of the way these moderators will ban me instantly. I have said nothing to hurt your friend but this thread is a childish attempt to incite anger against me and illicit some sort of sympathy to get me banned as well as to give your opinion of me in public. Really childish. How old are you?

Last edited:
So is the sports section now turning into a psuedo-pit? I stopped posting in the sports, just reading a while back. The sports section is turning into it's own little cultic sub-culture here.

Only gleaning what I can from other posts, I doubt vurbano really had anything major to do with whoever Bill is, leaving.

So is the sports section now turning into a psuedo-pit? I stopped posting in the sports, just reading a while back. The sports section is turning into it's own little cultic sub-culture here.

Only gleaning what I can from other posts, I doubt vurbano really had anything major to do with whoever Bill is, leaving.
Is this the 1984 Bill?

So is the sports section now turning into a psuedo-pit? I stopped posting in the sports, just reading a while back. The sports section is turning into it's own little cultic sub-culture here. .
There's a few die hards in there . I mess with one guy in sports section weekly But we don't make it personal,and I still consider him a friend. He might not consider me one:eek: But Point is he stands up for himself. and does it like an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)