Bill's done with this site, guys- and he told me why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that the most active participants in this sub-forum migrated here from DBSForums. I've also noticed that none of them post in any other forums here and as far as I can tell, have no ties to the satellite industry. Do any of you understand why Dan Collins didn't lift a finger to facilitate the archiving of The Sports Forum at DBSForums? The Sports Forum traffic at DBSForums didn't mean just very little to him. It meant NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. The people actively posting in the Sports Forum were simply squatters.

Scott may not have the exact same perspective on the value of sports-only posters that Dan Collins did, because Scott is running this site as a business and there may be some small benefit he gets from getting more cumulative "clicks" and "visits", but that benefit has to be very, very small. I regard this thread as petty and something that may further sour the administration here regarding maintaining a Sports Forum. Vurbano is the only screen name I see posting regularly here who is actually a contributor to substantive threads pertaining to the satellite broadcasting industry. The rest of you are squatters. That makes him more important to this site than you are.

So now we're going to say someone is more important to this site than someone else because they contribute to forums other than sports, or have no ties to the satellite industry? Oh my, talk about petty...

Is there something in the constitution of this site that says you can only post if you have ties to the satellite industry? I must have missed that.

Telling us about Dan and Scott's motivations are some pretty huge suppositions on your part. I doubt you have any real insight into why they do what they do, you're inserting your own agenda into their actions.

And then you resort to name calling for people who don't post in other forums. Very mature. :river

Sandra

Is there something in the constitution of this site that says you can only post if you have ties to the satellite industry?

I agree with Sandy; that's ridiculous.

If you're a sports fan, than post about sports!

IMO, it's about your sports loyalties, not satellites and such.

I agree that this thread should be closed and removed if possible. A thread like this is no place for a person to complain about something is more than likely nothing. PM's and the operations center are more appropriate places to deal with things like that.

Last edited:
A thread like this is no place for a person complain about something is more likely nothing. PM's and the operations center are more appropriate places to deal with things like that.

I'm just really upset that a guy who I think is the backbone of thus site is gone.

I get busy and can't get to the site all you know what breaks loose. I really can't believe that Bill quit over that one thread. I mean I get grief over lots of my teams, because most of them suck. :D

Had I been like that, then I would have quit a long time ago.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you. I just don't think this thread was the way to accomplish getting him to stay. Like a previous poster in this thread, I went back and checked the thread in question and found nothing wrong with it. I think after he cools down that he will probably come back.
I'm just really upset that a guy who I think is the backbone of thus site is gone.

Yeah Ramy, this is one weird thread. :)

I can't see what exactly it was that Vurbano did that called him out from that thread. Silly.

I just don't think this thread was the way to accomplish getting him to stay.

He told me to notify the others if people ask why he's gone:

"Tell the other "true blue" Sports Section members I said good-bye if they're wondering where I've been"

i'm sure bill will be back soon. :) i hope we can all relax and resume on discussing about the sports we love.

Ok, the guy is gone. Move-on. One-less Patriots fan/avatar. No big deal.

No big deal?

This guy was one of the most important members for this site, IMO.

He's not just a Boston sports fan; he pays attention to other teams from other leagues. Other than me, he was the only one who thought Texas Tech was legit.

He kept a lot of the threads going; this isn't just "one less Patriots fan/avatar." This guy was the backbone of this site, IMO.

He, Sandra, HD MM, Jimbo, and Ramy were the backbone that made this site go. When you lose a key part, it's very costly.

Every single member is important to this site. I do however predict that we will move on & thrive regardless of his ultimate decision to go or stay. :)

Every single member is important to this site. I do however predict that we will move on & thrive regardless of his ultimate decision to go or stay

I do agree we need to try and move on, but we have to chip in.

Bill was a VERY big contributor to the NFL, NBA, and College Football threads. We have to fill in.

IMO, it's like when a star player on a team goes down, and the team is devastated, but has to pull together.

Every single member is important to this site. :)

(not directed at you sabres nor at billd) i agree sco. some just don't see it that way because their ego is larger than their brain. to say that a member isn't important because someone doesn't contribute in the satellite section is illogical.

Also no disrespect meant to any member, but IIRC, the Sports Section was open and thriving prior to April, wasn't it?

IIRC, the Sports Section was open and thriving prior to April, wasn't it?

I meant during my time here.

Since I joined, I considered Bill one of the most important 'Sports Section' members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts